Skip navigation

Tatton Park, Sunday 5th August - Club Display 20 cars!!

Back to the top

Tatton Park, Sunday 5th August - Club Display 20 cars!!

Waterworx said

Ok, whatever, ask him if he wants it then, Haze hasn't replied yet.

Hazel(GHIA) has a place, just contacted mk1dcky and he has a place on another stand.

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

Tatton Park

The whole day making sure the love of my life is thoroughly clean hasn't been wasted. Oh and he's bring the Mk1 Cab along too. Thanks, Bella.

Back to the top
Smashing but only just seen this.  Have emailed Stu re handover of ticket etc.  Just sending Ben out to wash car since still filthy from AGM deluge.  C u all there.  Anna I will pm you bens mobile to liaise.
Ghia

Back to the top
I have spent all day cleaning up my MK1.  I hope she's good enough for you all and does the club proud.

I'm still a very nervous show virgin!  :redfaced:

But a very excited one!  :cheer:

Back to the top
Well what a day of disasters !!!

Set out to put my gear selector cables back in - took my time and had it sorted by 3pm - all good.

Speedo had stopped working, from the back it looked like the cable had come out of the back of the clocks. So I whipped the clocks out to find it had snapped at the end. And then disaster struck - I turned the wheel and smoke and a flame erupted from the steering column, mad panic to disconnect the battery :-(

One wire had melted big time, the thing on the steering wheel that cancels the turn signals had been eroding some plastic and it had eventually got through to a track that was live, hence the short :-( I replaced the wire and guess what she would not start :-( Horrible blown ECU thoughts started to go through my mind - all the fuses were ok. So now it's 8pm and I am very sad sitting inside my car :-(

Cue brain wave the melted wire was also connected to the ignition switch, I whipped out my spare and she started - cue running round the car in the rain !!!

At 9:30pm she was all back together. So no speedo and the rev counter has stopped - but I know why that is !!

Hopefully see you all there tomorrow.

Hope she is getting all her issues out of the way before Germany !!

Shopping list for tomorrow, ignition switch, speedo cable and mk2 Golf indicator stalk assembly !!

See you all tomorrow, I hope !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

So now it's 8pm and I am very sad sitting inside my car :-(
!

Oh I felt so sorry for you by the time I got to this part! :(

Glad you're back on track!

Back to the top
I've just been sick in my mouth Ade, thank god you put it out!

Back to the top

NellyCB said

lhasadreams said

So now it's 8pm and I am very sad sitting inside my car :-(
!

Oh I felt so sorry for you by the time I got to this part! :(

Glad you're back on track!

Gripes, thought I was having a bad week last week!

Fingers crossed you are getting rid of the gremlins for the Germant trip:)

Hopefully see you in the morning.

Banner

Back to the top
Gearbox and clutch are finally sorted,old one refitted and a spare clutch installed, see you all in the morning about 9.00-9.30 :D

MK1 Golf Cabby - C439 CHM Now sold replaced with a motorbike due to being unable to park cars at work!!!!!!
MK1 Golf GTI - ELV 216Y (Elvis) NOW SOLD!!! MAYBE TO BE REPLACED BY???
MK2 Golf VR6 Project car

Back to the top
On my way save me a space be about 9.30

It dunt fit

Back to the top
Tatton was class! Hope the rain we drove into on the way home didn't catch you all that stayed on!

Top class Anna! Thanks for the place in the club stand! X

Back to the top
Brilliant day - thanks for the club stand place and for making me feel welcome.

Will definitely do another show!

:D

Back to the top
:) Hi got home about 6.45 my clutch repair has got
us home no prob but we hit standing water just pass
JN 23 on the m6 and the first part of the m55 was like driving through a river
But the day was brill .A job well done Anna everyone was  so friendly and chatty it even perked peggy up a bit as shes just out of hospital and wasnt feeling her best. well organised anna. :D  :D  :D

B reg cab

Back to the top
Excellent day out, great weather and a great drive home in the rain. And I still made it home half an hour quicker than the missus who left 25 minutes earlier!!  :D

MK1 Golf Cabby - C439 CHM Now sold replaced with a motorbike due to being unable to park cars at work!!!!!!
MK1 Golf GTI - ELV 216Y (Elvis) NOW SOLD!!! MAYBE TO BE REPLACED BY???
MK2 Golf VR6 Project car

Back to the top

Tatton Park

A big thank you to Anna, the organisers and everyone there, Irvin has not stopped talking about what a great day I've missed him and Andy out in the glorious sunshine and me at work. I will certainly be aty the next event.

But just so that no one thinks we are the smug ones, as the rain came down hard on Barton Bridge (M60) the drivers side windscreen wiper decided to part company with the arm, fortunately it lodged on the screen and after a hairy few moments on the hard shoulder things were back to normal.

Look forward to meeting you all soon.

Back to the top
good day nice to see the stand with all the cars looking good thank god the weather held up.
good work again Anna  :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Thanks for organising this Anna !!
Your cakes were lovely as well :-)

Here are my pictures from the day - the one of Hazel is very funny !!

https://www.icloud.com…1C-43CA-833E-4C1628922AEA

Click on each image for the full size ones :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Another good show in the sun had by me and sharon (89clipper) too, thanks to anna for the organisation too. Nice pics ade. See you all next time. :)

Back to the top
great photos . :)

B reg cab

Back to the top
Had an absolutely fantastic day, thanks so much everyone for turning up today and supporting the club, I was very proud of our stand:)
Was great to see so many folks from the club, familiar and new faces , it's always a good laugh on the stand!
So glad the weather was kind to us whilst we were there, I even managed to dodge the rain on the way home!

I've taken lots if pics and will post the up in the review section.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.