Skip navigation

What did you do to your Mk1 Golf Today ?

Back to the top

Took the car for a spin not long ago, top down & fresh.. parked it on the drive.. my daughters friends Mum came up to collect her daughter as I was baby sitting straight from school.. walking her dog.. seen the car & was well impressed..  she asked how old it was, I told her & she then said has it been painted? I said no & she was like 'my word, have you had it from new!' Lol.. I said the previous owner garaged it for the 12 years she had it… said it was really clean.. put a cheeky smile on face..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Finally after 3 days I have finished Waxing my jewel. 6000 grit wet/dry, polish the clear coat, cleaning wax, then a coat of Carnuba… looks ok.

Took it for a ride, topless and 70 degrees… the Radio was Playing CCW,,,,,,,, AWEsome…….

Now have to clean the interior and wash the carpet….then the undercarriage, and Polish the wheels….

Spring cleaning it isn't just for houses any more.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
MOT this morning, passed with out any advisories, hardly surprising as only covered 300 miles embarrassingly……

Cabrio MOPT.jpg

Last edit: by Early-1800

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
Good news, but you need to put some more miles on it!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Does driving it count?  I drove it about 4 times today, 3 times were topless….. Yeah Baby……

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
IMG_0785.JPG IMG_0786.JPG IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0801.JPG IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0806.JPG IMG_0807.JPG IMG_0811.JPG

Back to the top

Got her ready for paint

Back to the top

Just took mine for a sun advantage drive to pick my boy up..

Won't be happening tomorrow as I've got a double stag from 2pm.. just a bit messy.. washed her tonight, under the bonnet too, good chamois so good to go Sunday!! Gonna get some nice pics.. watch this space..

Back to the top

Job today make and fit new gutter rail on my caddy   just passenger side left make and weld in

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6745 using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Good news, but you need to put some more miles on it!  :thumbs:
Indeed, in mitigation its only taxed the summer months, I was working away from home all last year and lots of weekends seem to be wet….. Also I often used it to visit my mother, a 150mile round trip, but theres been parking issues at her home which meant I tended to use the daily Fester or the GTI :) 

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top

Took the family for a lazy sunny Sunday afternoon drive.. reading 22 degrees.. my face shows it too lol..

Back to the top

Got the family involved in mocking up my arch trims over my new wheel

1992 1.8 8 valve Convertible GTI
  2008 E93 335i N54 Twin Turbo
  3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad
  ( and the Mrs ) Tiny convertible tin top.jpg

Back to the top
Put it up for sale :'(

Back to the top
Sanding, sanding, sanding and then just for a change……. I took some rough paper and rubbed it on paint  :lol:

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

borednow said

Sanding, sanding, sanding and then just for a change……. I took some rough paper and rubbed it on paint  :lol:
That's what I have spent my four day weekend doing. Well to be fair there has been some paint involved too.

Back to the top
Today I changed the cabin fan using the guide from this forum. I haven't worked on my own cars for 20 years so consider myself a novice mechanic, but got the job done in a couple of hours.
cleaned out the leaf mouldy and washed out the scuttle while I was about it, so now the drains are clear.
The guide says to split the fan motor in two, but having managed to wrangle the old one out without splitting it, I managed to wrangle the new one in.

Now basking in the pride of a job well done!

Back to the top
IMG_1695.JPG
Changed damaged front door speaker in the Young Line, with a Halfords one, this made me laugh on the original speaker, ' Tune' sia! Brilliant!

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top

Wes_france said

borednow said

That's what I have spent my four day weekend doing. Well to be fair there has been some paint involved too.

👍👍👍

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Primed, then I went back and did some more of that lovely sanding, followed by a bit more sanding, then, just for change…………….sanding  :o

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

Put a roof rack on caddy

There are too many online users to list.