Skip navigation

What did you do to your MK1 today?

Back to the top

What did you do to your MK1 today?

decided what to call here today,
gotta find a bead breaker so that i can change the tyres so i don't have to keep pumping them up every day.

Back to the top
got really annoyed that the little coolant leak that was spraying back over the leading edge of the bonnet is now a bloody great big leak spraying back over the bonnet as far as the windscreen and causing great plumes of steam when i get stuck in traffic  :banghead:   :banghead:   :banghead:

spose i'd better fix it - really really hope it's only the bend in the pipe between the header and the rad that's perished though.  :(

www.vwt4forum.co.uk

Back to the top
ok - so it wasn't the hose  :(

the plastic radiator housing had cracked…now spent all morning getting a new one and fitting it.

…where'd I leave that swarfega  :banghead:

on the bright side though - at least i've got a new rad that shoud be good for another 25 years  :D

www.vwt4forum.co.uk

Back to the top
Fitted my replacement drivers seat foam. So much comfier now i dont have to sit with the frame poking into my leg!  :D

Back to the top
Fitted a new switch for the reverse lights best ?4.56 I've ever spent :)

8O only took 5 mins to fit  8)

Back to the top
Had mine running for the first time in 4 months :mrgreen:

Banner

Back to the top
got mine back from tuners need  wur then it will run spot on

Back to the top
Just replace the gearbox oil, then started to replace the fluid in my brake system as I have completely re-piped it...........just waiting for thr leeks to start.

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
Put some Forte fuel system cleaner in it.

Back to the top
got 2 new tyres fitted, dropped down a size, still foul the arches, soraised the coilovers a tad…  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

might roll arches, niot decided yet!!!

Back to the top
Wash and waxed, so trying hard to find other things to do and decided to slap aload of redex down carb and spark plug holes for a laugh to cheer me up especially when you hear the bangs from neighbours windows being closed, teach the chavs to play loud music :lol:
Had some weird things happen of late thou, for some reason approx 6am on a saturdays mornings and this has happen3d 3 weeks in a row now, 1st my hand would not come off the horn, it was stuck for 10 minutes and woke the neighbours, 2nd week my boot and doors stayed opened and wouldn't close and i could not turn my music down and today loads of white smoke came flying out of my exhaust in direction of the chav and chavettas houses on opposite site, thou must admit, i dont hear music at night for some reason, the car must have an affect :lol:

Back to the top
strange that mate.
can i recommend sticking a shot of 2 stroke oil down your carb for a bit of fun
maybe strawberry flavor. :wink:

Back to the top
What do u recommend for the strange happenings of the afrikaan, her behaviour is somewhat a little disturbing, is she trying to tell me something :dontknow:

Back to the top
i fear she maybe extending your views for you.
you really should have serious words with the young lady.
maybe ask her if she wouldn't mind only doing it when the chavs are in or something.

Back to the top
but thats it, she has been doing it when they, unfortunately she's misbehaving when they are asleep and only had a couple of hours sleep, nevermind i am sure she'll calm down

Back to the top
in that case she's running fine and needs no futher attention. :wink:

Back to the top
Need to give mine some attention so will be paying a visit this saturday.  Makes me feel bad for doing nothing for this long.

Back to the top
Had to climb in through the passengers side again :roll:  

Ordered new door handles   :)

Back to the top
well im off to do the last bit of sanding  :o  i can see the light at the end of the tunnel lol

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

but thats it, she has been doing it when they, unfortunately she's misbehaving when they are asleep and only had a couple of hours sleep, nevermind i am sure she'll calm down

Like your style :wink: Are they the kind of chavs who have windows open thinking you want to hear there "music" at early o`clock? :roll:
Should organise a M1OC " event" outside there house :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.