Skip navigation

OLD - Guess the Asking Price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria, 'SEASON 1 to 3' 2013-2016.

Back to the top

MK1's for sale in Austria.

Im not all that clued up on caddy's. Will go with €3850

Back to the top
EUR 2400

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
5225 Euros  :$

Back to the top
5750 euro nice seats

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Don't know much about caddys so gonna say €3495 and hope I'm not too far of the mark  O_o

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
lets have a wild stab in the dark with €4,100

Back to the top
going with €2,850 on this one

Last edit: by mazza411

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
Just for a laugh I'm going to start a 'Premier League Table' for 'Guess the Asking Price'.  :lol:

Need to get a balance of points between where you came in the top three, how close you were to the actual price and how often you played.
Well at least that's what I thinking.  O_o

If you've got any ideas, please put them forward because I'm seriously technically challenged when it comes to something like this!  :thumbs:
I mean I treat 'Microsoft Excel' as a blind date I once met many, many years ago.
We didn't get on, have never looked back nor have we regretted it either.

Until now!  :lol:

Back to the top
if its not too much to add you should update your first ever post with a pic of each car and the asking price as we go on... at the moment im flicking through all 7 pages trying to make an educated guess :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Mike,  PT me your email address and I'll send you a spreadsheet, its really easy to use and is based on 3 points for a winning guess, 2 for second and 1 for third plus a bonus point for correct prediction.

I've only knocked this up quickly so a bit of refinement over time won't be a bad idea !!

I'm happy to collate this data if it helps based on the final results you publish.

Back to the top

arf333 said

if its not too much to add you should update your first ever post with a pic of each car and the asking price as we go on… at the moment im flicking through all 7 pages trying to make an educated guess :)

Hi Scott,

Yes, I think your right and once you have a good balance in the points system it shouldn't be so hard.

But as 'fathammer' has just volunteered for the job, I think it's best to let him have the first crack.  :thumbs:  
Mind you he did have 1st place on the first three cars, so we will have to keep an eye on him!  :lol:

To be honest I could do it but if someone else can knock this together in their sleep, I'm all for it.  :thumbs:
It does take a bit of time to find the cars and to present them and the data to the web site.

This is the first time we've done anything like this (to my (knowledge) and if it's well supported I'd like it to be an annual 'Winter' event.
Or until Austria runs out of MK1's, maybe a 'European Champions League' for MK1's "Guess the Asking Price" but that's asking a lot.
However, I can still remember Football players, TV stations and Fans saying very loudly that the Football 'CHAMPIONS LEAGUE' would never work!  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_snooty:
Just look at BT and Sky last week, who'd have thought it 3,5,7 or even 10+ years ago.  :ocf_emoticons__withstupid:

Just trying to look forward, any thoughts more than welcome on this subject.

Of course this is not for everyone and I don't expect everyone to play either, it's just for fun.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Fathammer said

Mike,  PT me your email address and I'll send you a spreadsheet, its really easy to use and is based on 3 points for a winning guess, 2 for second and 1 for third plus a bonus point for correct prediction.

I've only knocked this up quickly so a bit of refinement over time won't be a bad idea !!  :lol:

I'm happy to collate this data if it helps based on the final results you publish.

Right you three times Winner you've got the job!
I'll PT you in a minute but I am really sort of time today, so maybe over the course of the week we can go over the details and the Matrix of what's fair.

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

Fathammer said

I've only knocked this up quickly so a bit of refinement over time won't be a bad idea !!  :lol:

Right you three times Winner you've got the job!
I'll PT you in a minute but I am really sort of time today, so maybe over the course of the week we can go over the details and the Matrix of what's fair.

Thanks for the PT Mate and I did reply!  :thumbs:

On the subject of this MK1 car/pickup, I'm seeing that it's really not everyone's cuppa.
Not saying it's mine either but it does qualify as a MK1.

If your reading this for the first time, go back a few entries and guess the 'Asking Price' of this purple Caddy, it's for fun!  :thumbs:  

Back to the top
Don't worry Mike my guess is already logged a few posts back. I've collected all guesses back for all users/cars so far and have calculated all points won to date. I'll send you the data once this weeks game has ended to see if you're happy with the format.  Good luck to all and get those guesses in !!

Back to the top
Hi Mike and Fathammer! I've said it before and I will say it again, great little game this and the league table sounds a great idea  :thumbs: Its nice to see people taking time out to entertain people they have never met! I must make a special effort at the next AGM to buy you a beer and Mike, one day I would love to bring my Mk1 for a trip to Austria and I could get you another beer when I do!
Keep up the good work and I look forward to the league table  :thumbs:

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

Hi Mike and Fathammer! I've said it before and I will say it again, great little game this and the league table sounds a great idea  :thumbs: Its nice to see people taking time out to entertain people they have never met! I must make a special effort at the next AGM to buy you a beer and Mike, one day I would love to bring my Mk1 for a trip to Austria and I could get you another beer when I do!
Keep up the good work and I look forward to the league table  :thumbs:

Thanks 'GolyTheGolf' your comments are appreciated mate as are the invites for beer!  :)
If you fancy a trip over mid to late May next year, click on the 'Unofficial Road Trip' were planning at the bottom of my signature.
It's a fantastic location, it should be fun.  :thumbs:

As for the 'League', I thought I'd run it until the end of March but I see what Fathammer thinks.
Maybe I can send out 1st, 2nd and 3rd place certificates.  Maybe a tiny little trophy as well! :lol:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Right the moment of reckoning has come so prepare to be shocked  :o and just maybe a little  :$ .

The 'Asking Price' for this 1990 Caddy with 175 Km's is a round figure of € 9,000,- or (GBP) 7,535,-
And I can hear the coughing and sputtering from here, along with scream of "You what!"  :lol:
I kind of gave you all a little hint when I mentioned taking photos of their "pride and joy" when they are trying to sell it but no one got the message!  O_o

So onto the results.
1st Place ' Ant5' with € 5,750,-  :ocf_emoticons__lmao:
2nd Place ' smudger' with € 5,225,-  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance:
3rd Place 'MaxVW' with € 5,000,-  :ocf_emoticons__alright:

So there you have it.
Now if we were to take an average of the prices put forward we have the following result:
€4,102,- or £3,434,- compared to the asking price of € 9,000,-
So that has really 'Napalmed' our overall average.

Lets face it it, a bit like England's performance against Chile last night when the Media said it was "under parr" or as I would have put it, pathetic!  :(

I will be posting shortly a 'Premier League Table' which at the moment is in draft form (great work from Fathammer  :thumbs: ) and will show the positions PRIOR to todays results.

More on how it works in a later post!  :thumbs:  

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Who, that's bloody strong money!

Still, at least I got on the podium finally :lol:

Back to the top
So here's a 'Draft' of the league table but it is very much work in progress.
I'll work with 'Fathammer' to refine it over the next week or two.

REMEMBER
This table reflects the results as of last weekend!
We'll try to get in sync with today's results and post then before next weekend.  :thumbs:

I think we'll see some movers next week and if anyone wants to join in your welcome but I will limit the league to 22 because it does take a bit of time to put together.

Not too late to start as the 'Season' will run until the end of March 2014.  :thumbs:

We have 17 already playing, so the next 5 Members who ask to play will be part of the 'Premier League Table' but everyone can play of course!!!!!  :lol:

Back to the top
Wow I came first this week and now for my speech …………
This is the best game, I would like to thank me and the endless hours spent on eBay and other random sites looking at cars I can't afford.
Keep up the good work lads, the league table is a great idea.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)
There are too many online users to list.