Skip navigation

OLD - Guess the Asking Price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria, 'SEASON 1 to 3' 2013-2016.

Back to the top

MK1's for sale in Austria.

I'm gonna guess at 3100 Euros.

Complete guess by the way :lol:

Back to the top

arf333 said

My guess is EUR 1850

Question,……. why are they called mk1 golf "limousines" ??

You know that's a really good question that and the answer is I've no idea!  :lol:
I've asked two or three people and they don't know either and that fact is to you and me that's completely wrong.

It's mainly used in American English, although it's heard a lot more now over here and seems to of come from the French!

Quote:
lim·ou·sine   (lm-zn, lm-zn)
n.
1. Any of various large passenger vehicles, especially a luxurious automobile usually driven by a chauffeur and sometimes having a partition separating the passenger compartment from the driver's seat.
2. A van or small bus used to carry passengers on a regular route, as between an airport and a downtown area.
[French, perhaps after Limousin.]

I mean a 3dr or 5dr Hackback hardly falls into the defination above but they use it all the same!  O_o
I'll try to find out more but I don't if I'll get any further.  :lol:

Back to the top
Im going with $3850, i would honestly love to have this one  :)

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
I think I've managed to find out about the limousine question! It refers to the body style of the car and loosely translates in English to Sedan! I know we think of Sedans as a Saloon body style (Jetta) but I think in Europe it means Hatchback! Does this sound about right?  :ocf_emoticons__detective:

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
This is a tricky one - love the number plate too - (EUR-)4750

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

I think I've managed to find out about the limousine question! It refers to the body style of the car and loosely translates in English to Sedan! I know we think of Sedans as a Saloon body style (Jetta) but I think in Europe it means Hatchback! Does this sound about right?  :ocf_emoticons__detective:

As far as I know the word "Sedan' is another word from our neighbours the French.
Is a passenger car in a three-box configuration with A, B & C-pillars and principal volumes articulated in separate compartments for engine, passenger and cargo.
For example the 'Renault Dauphine' produced 1956 - 1967, described as a 4 door Sedan even though it was rear engined. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Dauphine

Still doesn't get me any closer to answering the original question though!  :lol:  

Back to the top
 :lol: I know what your saying! It is strange! I Googled VW Golf Limosine and then clicked on a foreign sight, German I think, that had loads of Mk5 Golf limousine for sale, when I translated the page all the VW Golfs limousines now said Golf Sedan even though they were hatchback! Having thought about this, if the web page was in German, is the Golf limousine a German thing? Who knows??? :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:  

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

:lol: I know what your saying! It is strange! I Googled VW Golf Limosine and then clicked on a foreign sight, German I think, that had loads of Mk5 Golf limousine for sale, when I translated the page all the VW Golfs limousines now said Golf Sedan even though they were hatchback! Having thought about this, if the web page was in German, is the Golf limousine a German thing? Who knows??? :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:  

It's only my opinion but the way I see it is the Germans may have nicked the word (limousine) from the French, say in the early 40's for the large Army Officers cars.
And as it means to most people luxury car, when the saw the Golf MK1 back in 74 (compared to other mass produced cars) thought shear luxury a 'Limo".
Well that's what I'd like to believe anyway!  :lol:

It's a safe bet I'm way, way off the mark with that though.  :thumbs:

But then we are talking about a language where the golf is described as a Golf oner, twoer, threer, fourer, fiver, sixer, sevener!
If I happen to mention I've got a Golf MK1 they look at me like I've got three heads.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
€2000.  

Back to the top
Anyone else fancy a stab at putting a price on car No.5?
I'll be revealing the result around lunchtime tomorrow!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
So the moment of truth has arrived and what I can say is the car sold within two days of be advertised.
The 'Asking Price' for car No.5 was €2,000.

I think 'GolyTheGolf' said haggle with the owner and offer €1,800 and I kind of agree with that.
Me personally, I'd of had the full €2,000 split between my pockets and offered him €1,500 in cash and waited for the reaction because money talks.  :lol:
However, I would have left owning the car!  :thumbs:
Well worth the money I think and I saw one only last night.
Almost identical in color, spec, although with 2k more on the clock for €4,750.

So onto the results.
1st Place ' Sweetmk1dub ' with € 2,000,-  :ocf_emoticons__lmao:
2nd Place ' Arf333' with € 1,850,-  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance:
3rd Place 'ant5' with € 2,150,-  :ocf_emoticons__alright:
(2nd & 3rd were tied with € 150,- off the price but because 'Arf333' posted his first he takes second place)
Of course the Judge's decision is final which is me but if I have made a Horlicks of it I'll sort it out.  :lol:

So there you have it.
Now if we were to take an average of the prices put forward we have the following result:
€2,569,- or £ 2,145,- Which to be honest is about right because I feel with this car it really just needed a good clean, a new MOT and it should be worth a fair bit more but that's my opinion.

It's untouched, which is fairly 'rare' today!

Car No. 6 tomorrow and it will be a Caddy which will have the purists and the MOD fans scratching their heads.  :lol:   

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Way off again…  :dry:

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
 :rockon:  :ocf_emoticons__punk:  :ocf_emoticons__cheer:

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top

arf333 said

:rockon:  :ocf_emoticons__punk:  :ocf_emoticons__cheer:

Very well done my friend and bang on the money as well.  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:

So now you've had time to absorb the fact you are this weeks outstanding Champion it's time for your acceptance speech!  :thumbs:
Now come on, don't be shy!  ;)

Back to the top
Right I'm going to throw in an acceptance speech virtually identical to the speech at my wedding. 
"I don't like making speeches so I haven't bothered preparing one but thanks for coming,  enjoy your food"

Back to the top

sweetmk1dub said

Right I'm going to throw in an acceptance speech virtually identical to the speech at my wedding. 
"I don't like making speeches so I haven't bothered preparing one but thanks for coming,  enjoy your food"

Oh mate I was kind of hoping you'd come back with a real stunner like:

"Well first of all I'd like to start at the beginning, well it got very cold and all the Dinosaurs died but moving swiftly on…"
or
"Well first of all I like to thank my Parents for having me…"

A humble Man of little words!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Damn I missed this one...... :P

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
So moving on to the next little jem a Caddy.

This is not the one I'd planned to post up but when I went back yesterday to get the data on the car it had gone but luckily I found another.
To be honest I don't really follow the prices on Caddy's so I've no real feeling for this one but lets see what you make of it!  :thumbs:

Car No.6
Registered as a passenger car
Mileage 175000
Year 07.1990
Power (kW) 102
Used condition
Fuel Unleaded Petrol
manual Transmission
Drive front-wheel drive
Color Purple
Number of doors 2

For sale is my newly built VW Caddy 1
The car runs on a 16V motor.
New MOT
In the car, everything is registered in Austria. (all parts are documented in the Cars Reg Book) Road legal in other words.
Car has many extras, would be too much to write.

equipment
- wheels
- Leather interior
- Metallic
- Radio
- Power Steering
- Sports equipment
- Sports suspension
- Sports seats
- Winter / Summer tired, so 8 in total
- Central Locking

I think it is worth reminding one and all that we really don't have the rust issues here like you do back in the UK.
It surprised me as well!  :)

Wish people would think a bit more and take just a little more care when their taking photos of their pride and joy, especially when their trying to sell it!  :P

Anyhow you now know as much as I do, so what do you think the 'Asking Price' is on this one?  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
(EUR-)5000

Back to the top
 :thumbs: I was quite close to the asking price of car 5! Quite happy with that!
Mmm, now the Caddy! Not my cup of tea but someone will be wanting this car! I think it has been somones little man project (we all have one) and I think it would be a fun car to have a spin in! I would like to put a guesstimate of……….
€4250
Good luck eveyone and happy guessing! :thumbs:   

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.