Model: Golf Clipper Cabriolet

Spec/Trim option:

Year of manufacture: 1987
Mileage: 166,311
Price: Offers over £2,500
Contact details: PM
Condition: Lots of things need doing, not tatty, used well
Service history: None
Mot expiry Date: 28/04/24 P1040142.JPG P1040143.JPG P1040144.JPG P1040145.JPG P1040146.JPG   P1040147.JPG P1040148.JPG P1040149.JPG P1040150.JPG P1040151.JPG   P1040173.JPG P1040174.JPG P1040175.JPG P1040176.JPG P1040177.JPG P1040178.JPG P1040179.JPG   P1040172.JPG P1040180.JPG P1040181.JPG P1040182.JPG
Taxed or sorn: SORN

Description:

Bought this in 2015 for my wife , who always wanted one. Intended to replace many of the tatty bits, but never did. Never broken down, always started, even though it was left for months at a time. It's tatty not bad condition, a project for someone who wants to bring it back to full glory, or a run about as it looks good, our final trip was a run through France with the top down nearly all the way there and back!

Below is more detail;

Wheels : 6JTX15H2 BBS - need refurb but ok

Body : White- generally good, bubbling on rear wheel arch

Engine : Very strong, leaking exhaust manifold gasket, a few leaks

Gearbox : Good, was refurbed by previous owner, bushes and linkage changed

Steering : Crazy Quiff fitted electric PS

Tyres : Fronts are quite new Dunlops. Rears, lots of tread but ancient

Door Locks : Different ignition to door locks, drivers door lock broken, boot never had key

Roof: Hood has cracks along edges and has a repair at the rear, only leaks if rain is torrential though. Mechanism needs refurbing as some cables are snapped and it doesn't sit square.

Interior: Dashboard vents damaged, inserts won't stay in, glovebox lid broken. Heater speed switch broken, heater slider broken control borken. Rev counter not working, speedo not corrent for car. Seat fabric front & rear in good condition. Plastic trim at top of door card split both sides. Carpet newly fitted a few years ago.

Exterior : Aerial snapped

Receipts : Gearbox refurb, Front discs, Brake lines, gearbox linkage re-align, Power steering & Misc

Tuning : Recent cryptotune

Alignment : 4 wheel align

Back to the top
I've had no offers , can I have some feedback why this might be, I will really appreciate it. Thanks.

Back to the top
Your cabby looks very nice in the pics. Informative ad so that's cool. I might be being over critical but you did ask & I hope this helps:

Firstly the electric pas is rare & a big bonus in my opinion.
White is probably not the most sought after colour.
If the bodywork is as good in real life as the photos then that's a big plus. Maybe a pic of the bubbling rear arches would help.
Perhaps if it was a Gti instead of carbed it would appeal to more people.
I am thinking about your car myself for a 1.8t conversion but even though I can do all the mech work myself I wouldn't be comfortable tackling fitting a new roof. The heater controls & possibly new instrument cluster requirement is easy for anyone to do but a new roof is costly at about £1k if a buyer cannot fit one themself.
It doesn't mean it isn't a good price. Have you advertised elsewhere to hit a bigger audience?

Back to the top

1987 Cabriolet 1.8

Thanks Cushti, your feedback is most welcome. It's not advertised elsewhere as I started by testing the waters with a knowledgeable audience, I don't fancy the auto trader route to be honest.

I wanted to be as detailed as possible to get a good response. I know the roof is the most costly bit as the rest is DIY.

The electric PAS cost around £1000, so I thought I had priced it low enough to sell reasonably easily, and I did think it would suit someone like yourself wanting a bit of a project. If someone offered a reasonable lower price at least I know where it would sell.

I hope it does get some interest as I would like the space in the garage!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Do you have a contact number?

Gav

Back to the top
Its not the best time of year to sell a car let alone a Cabrio, thats possibly why no response.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

1987 Cabriolet 1.8

Price reduction to £2000 , I need the garage space asap!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Car is now sold
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.