Skip navigation

2012 AGM Dates

Back to the top

2012 AGM Dates

Ill be there.

Cant wait.

Back to the top
If we start votes then we'll never have a show because no one will agree on a date.

Yes it's been convenient for some for many years but not others, if we share it around a little then it's fairer. Those who want to/ can be there, will be. If it doesn't work then it's been tried and can be can be changed to other dates in other years.

The event initially started off in September 2004, again in 2005, August 2006 and 2007 and then July 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 so you can see that it's not 'fixed' as such.

Back to the top

Dano said

If we start votes then we'll never have a show because no one will agree on a date.

Yes it's been convenient for some for many years but not others, if we share it around a little then it's fairer. Those who want to/ can be there, will be. If it doesn't work then it's been tried and can be can be changed to other dates in other years.

The event initially started off in September 2004, again in 2005, August 2006 and 2007 and then July 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 so you can see that it's not 'fixed' as such.

So your say the 1st one was in September 04 then but isnt that one still classed as the campaign register & not the mk1oc?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

James_W said

Dano said

Yes it's been convenient for some for many years but not others, if we share it around a little then it's fairer. Those who want to/ can be there, will be. If
it doesn't work then it's been tried and can be can be changed to other dates in other years.

So your say the 1st one was in September 04 then but isnt that one still classed as the campaign register & not the mk1oc?

Very good James,  :wink: Ssshhhh!!!!! Don't give answers away!!!

Back to the top
Same weekend as T in the park  :banghead: That my wife and kids go to if we are not on our annual hols!

Worse than that is it is our kids school holidays from the last week in June to mid august and we are meant to be going to France the first fortnight in July with friends !! Unlike this year when we went last fortnight in July!!

I can't win  :cry:

Back to the top
Sorry to hear that mate. With regret, we won't see how many people can't come until a few more of the paid Members get sight of this thread.

T

Back to the top
No matter what date was picked there would have been people who couldnt make it.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

No matter what date was picked there would have been people who couldnt make it.

Quite Ceri,

Lets look on the positive side and hope that more people can enjoy the event now it doesn't clash with Bug Jam.

Back to the top

Dano said

BigNormRivage said

Quite Ceri,

Lets look on the positive side and hope that more people can enjoy the event now it doesn't clash with Bug Jam.

Nobody could argue with that but it's worthy of a debate.

Oh and Dan, sorry I'm miffed at not being able to make it but what do you expect? I am human!

T  :|

Back to the top
You could go for one or other of the days?

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Agreed

It's impossible to suit everyone

Just wished it wasn't me who probably can't go!

Holidays not quite booked yet though so new thoughts are wife and kids go to T in the park while dad goes to AGM and then leave for sunny France the weekend after, I wonder if my wife needs new shoes  :wink:

Back to the top
Well it was never going to be on the cards to go to the 2012 AGM. The Golf will be sorn due to work load, I can't book any leave from June to September this is becuase of some Big events going of in London involving the Queen some people who do sport that they can get some gold silver or bronze for taking part.

Anyway which ever date you choose some will come and some will not and some will complain you can't win !!

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
Thanks for the notice chaps, i agree 10 months notice is good :-)

I see some people's points about kids and summer holidays etc but i think as has been said overall you will never get a date the suits all.

This year some unfortunately wont be able to make it, but next year the dates will prob be different so they will be able to attend, but some that can this year wont next year.

Glad its not clashing with bug jam as know that was a big problem for people before, see you there

Rich :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
10 months is a long enough notice.

However we should have had a poll on dates.

T you will be missed in the show man :|

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
If its 10 months then it will be in August !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
So pleased it wont clash will Bug Jam, thanks to all !!!!!!!!!!!

G60

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

lol ades on the ball :)

i'll be there no matter what date …

Back to the top

mAtt- said

lhasadreams said

lol ades on the ball :)

i'll be there no matter what date …
I was using the Lancashire calender :redfaced:

ok 9 months and a bit :lol:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
i'll be able to make it to this one i hope!
it will be my 1st agm in what will be 9 years of mk1 ownership by then. cant wait! i'll even camp and everything :)

Back to the top
If my G60 is running by then I'll be coming along, I've never been due to the BugJam clash so need to show my face.  :wink:

Gonna be a Dad in March tho, so Mummy might have something to say about it.  :mrgreen:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.