Skip navigation

1983 MK1 Golf 1.3

Back to the top

My first project

Hello, my name is Matthew, I'm 18 and live in west Wales. I've wanted a Mk1 since I was about 12 and have finnaly managed to get the money together for the car itself and a years insurance :). So here it goes. The plan is to give it more a less a complete overhaul over the next couple of years, starting with a respray. In terms of body work there isn't too much too do.. all the arches need a bit of work and a few other spots need some attention from the welder but nothing too major. I've done allot of welding and fabrication in college over the past couple of years so it shouldn't be a problem, hopefully.

I plan on doing all the work myself too keep costs to a minimum and this ofcourse means doing the respray. I've been told by the previous owner it had a bare metal respray from gloss black to mars red about 15 years ago but the plan is to go viper green or kawasaki green. At the moment its kawasaki green, a very striking colour, but I like it… but I also love the look of the viper green. The plan is to do the majority of the prep work in my barn, then drive it up to my uncles for the respray. I'll be leaving the engine bay be for the time being untill I manage to source a 1.3 or 1.6 engine as at the moment its running a later 1.0. (Any help on sourcing one would be greatly appriciated as not allot comes up here in west wales..)

well thats it for now.  e got my haynes manual but no doubt will still require help in some matters. Will put some pictures up tommorow and keep it as updated as I can as things progress.

Also, I can't find how to add pictures, help on this would also be appriciated.

Matthew
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.