Skip navigation

9y mk2 caddy 2000, 1.9 D

Back to the top
I have just bought a mk2 caddy 1.9 non turbo. I've had a few mk1s and various other vws. If someone in the know could help me clear up the platform, so its a mk4 polo base ( so this is what i look for the brakes suspension and running gear, some of the mk1 parts seem to be similar, and of course seat inca body is similar.

Its a bit tatty but has been looked after. First thing i will do is get it riding right. It feels wooly, wollowy, (best description i have :-D) when going into a corner, so for this i am suspecting worn out struts mixed with worn bushes. So would need to get these all replaced with an upgrade, poly bushes and decent shocks, I'm looking round atm to see what type would be best, to stop it feeling like a pogo stick 🤣
I will just get it running right first then look at all the mods i can do to sweeten it up, including getting a new engine in it eventually.

Any help with info would be great, if theres a place thats good for parts or just advice it would be great 👍

1984 VW LT31 Camper Taffy ( unfortunately Sold)
1987 vw golf mk1 (Unknown name yet possibly bunny or Virginias Wetspot) not decided yet. Sold
1989 VW mk1 caddy 1989 aaz

The Heights of your technology.
are the pits of my doom
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.