Skip navigation

New MK1 1.8 GTi Mars Red owner.

Back to the top
Hi All.

Wanted to drop a few lines and introduce myself.

I've recently (yesterday!) been down to see and have bought a MK1 from a forum member here and will be posting my progress along the way. I'm in the process of arranging to have it picked up ad trailered away as it's not been on the road for some time or been run for the last few years.

It is a 1983 3 door in Mars Red, originally a 1.3 Driver but has since been converted to run a full 1.8 GTI set up.

Simply put, a MK1 Golf is my dream car, It was the poster I had on the wall as a kid much to the amusement of friends with Italian exotics on theirs! I'm no stranger to VW having had a MK3, two MK4's a MK5 and my current daily is a MK7 GTI PP. I've strayed over the years to Mazda, and more recently BMW but always seem to come back to VW. The MK1 will be the oldest car I've owned or worked on but I'm looking forward to getting stuck in and starting the journey!

First port of call will be to get the engine serviced and running well, after that I need to source a dash and clocks as it currently has a polo dash and no wired clocks - I've found a few dash's on Ebay so no issue there but I'm struggling to find clocks, any advice on where to look would be hugely appreciated! once they're in will get it MOT'd and can start to enjoy it alongside spending what will likely be every spare hour I have fettling!

Photo 'borrowed' from the previous owner but will post some more up to date ones when it arrives!

Jack  PXL_20210502_100147726.jpg

Back to the top
Hi, where are you based and where is the car? Or have you collected it now?

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

volkswarren said

Hi, where are you based and where is the car? Or have you collected it now?

Hi pal,

It's with me now thankfully!

Back to the top
Welcome!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.