Skip navigation

1988 golf gti cabriolet

Back to the top

1988 golf gti cabriolet

hi there…

could anyone send me a guide to the fuse box for this motor, dont have a manual and dont no which fuse operates which part….

also can anyone tell me how to check the relays/big square box fuses ? to see if they work….

hood and electric windows dont work and before i go to the garage with it i thought i would check the obvious stuff…when i press the electric hood button the motor in the boot does make all the right noises but the hood doesnt budge…and also the windows dont go up or down but there is sound coming from behind the door card when the button for the windows is pressed….

cheers

Back to the top
Make sure the T shapes screw on the hood pump it tightened up all the way. It might make all the difference if it isn't.

With regard to the windows… you'll have to take the door card off and have a poke. It could be seized mechanisms or tired motors. Check they are getting enough voltage too.

use the search facility on her eto look for previus posts about fuseboxes. There should be a diagram of relay layout and a few pics of fuseboxes. The haynes manual will help you a bit too but the best manual to get fot the cabriolet is the Bently manual for the cabrio and scirroco.

Cheers,

Ross

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.