Skip navigation

mk1 pd130 insurance adrian flux seemed a little expensive.

Back to the top
Coming to the end of my build now on the pd130 mk1 so i decided to ring my insurance to insure the mk1 for a week for vwfestival.
They toid me they dont insure classics (great)
I have only rang one other company which was adrian flux.
660.00 for the year. I thought this was very excessive as i explained it would only be for sun day driving to and from shows etc.
Locked on a farm where it would never be seen and pretty much unstealable. with immo and alarm as well.
Can someone please give me a few names to ring round. i am going to try the forum sponsers today so if there is any others it would be appreciated.
my details are as below if it helps
22 years old
5 years license
4 years single car ncb and 1 years motor trade ncb
mechanic by trade.

thanks in advance. 

Back to the top
HIC insure mine
£260 fully comp with Trinity Lane
Classic car policy
150 Excess
Limited 3000 miles
Garaged
250bhp + plus loads of other mods
I am twice your age though !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
I have just been getting quotes to renew my insurance - the best I have received are from Heritage and Performance Direct. With Heritage, having a mileage limit of 1000 rather than 2000 miles cut the quote by a third! But you might have issues getting classic insurance if you are under 25.

Some people criticise the comparison sites like go-compare and confused, but they can be useful for getting quick quotes from a ragne of companies, and if the same insurers come up cheapest on several different comparison sites, they are usually worth calling direct for a more specific quote.

good luck.

1986 GTI Cabriolet ("dambuster")

2000 Mk4 Cabriolet Avantgarde (bought for the mrs)

2001 Zafira 1.8

Back to the top
thanks for the comments guys i will try sort it out.
:)

Back to the top
It's your age! I've tried countless insurnce companies. I've got 6 years ncb and still my quotes are £900+ (I'm 24).

Photobucket

Back to the top

dany_sims said

Coming to the end of my build now on the pd130 mk1 so i decided to ring my insurance to insure the mk1 for a week for vwfestival.
They toid me they dont insure classics (great)
I have only rang one other company which was adrian flux.
660.00 for the year. I thought this was very excessive as i explained it would only be for sun day driving to and from shows etc.
Locked on a farm where it would never be seen and pretty much unstealable. with immo and alarm as well.
Can someone please give me a few names to ring round. i am going to try the forum sponsers today so if there is any others it would be appreciated.
my details are as below if it helps
22 years old
5 years license
4 years single car ncb and 1 years motor trade ncb
mechanic by trade.

thanks in advance.
Hi,
If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a look at it again for you to see if there is anything else I can do.
Regards,
Dan.

Influx competition - There are twenty cars or bits of cars, all you have to do is get all twenty right and you can win ?250 for you and ?250 for charity!  Follow the link and have a go Guess the Car Competition | Influx Magazine
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.