Skip navigation

Auxiliary air valve WANTED!

Back to the top
Hi guys and girls, Hope your all well?

I need a little help!!! I am in need of a fully working auxiliary air valve for my 1.8 tin top.

If anyone has one of these they would be kind enough to sell me I would be very greatfull

Kind regards

Mark.

Back to the top
Have you got the part number or a picture?

Back to the top
hi mate 1.8 dx engine ?

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top
Hi sorry yes 1.8 dx E088619C-2822-4CEB-9F37-EA133D4D0C42.jpeg 7B2A5809-D695-43D3-8F04-DC386437DAED.jpeg D7992D90-44C0-4D73-9E00-44E3FFDC9360.jpeg
Thanks 

Back to the top
Hi mate, Have you tested it to see if the bimetallic plate closes when applying 12v current. You can plug it in, put the ignition on and shine a torch through it and see if it closes. If it's in a closed position when cold, the you can loosen the nut, using a picking tool, you can adjust it (to see a hole) and hold in position and tighten the nut.

This link may help as the Porsche has a similar AAV.

944 Forum - Login

Good luck

Back to the top
Hi, I think I have one, I will have a look and let you know.

Back to the top

BRINZ said

Hi mate, Have you tested it to see if the bimetallic plate closes when applying 12v current. You can plug it in, put the ignition on and shine a torch through it and see if it closes. If it's in a closed position when cold, the you can loosen the nut, using a picking tool, you can adjust it (to see a hole) and hold in position and tighten the nut.

This link may help as the Porsche has a similar AAV.

944 Forum - Login

Good luck

Hi Brinz thanks for the info👍 But I had already bench tested it! 
It had a very small 2mm hole in it when cold but did close when I put 12v across it! And the slide did open right up when I moved it with a pick!! So I soaked it for about 12 hours in carb cleaner and then blasted it out with an airline then I attempted to adjust it with the little nut but don't ask me how???I did managed to snap it off! Heavy handed Oaf!!! 

Back to the top

thexvw said

Hi, I think I have one, I will have a look and let you know.

Hi thevw that would be fantastic if do have one that works 👍😁
Thanks for the help!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.