Skip navigation

mk1 1600 gti y reg,, fusebox???

Back to the top

mk1 1600 gti y reg,, fusebox???

hi there lads,, i have a 1600 gti mk1 with an old fuse box in it,, just wondering if i can put my otherone in offa my 1300 driver on a A reg,, will it fit n will relays and multiplugs on back of it be the same, cheers

Back to the top
didn't think VW made a 1600 on a Y plate, could have been a late registered one I guess  :dontknow:

pretty certain it's not just a straight swap from the early to the later fusebox, what's wrong with the one in it at the moment?

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
hi as far as i'm aware the 1.8 GTI didn't come out till sept 82 so i would say there are plenty y plate 1.6's. as for the fuse box, there different all the 1.6 gtis had the old style fuses, and the connectors on the end of the loom's are different which won't fit the later fuse box. if your fuse box is playing up there not to much from euro parts or gfs.
rgds volkswarren

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

Back to the top
I've got an early fuse box if you need one

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
hi cheers for the response,, there is nothing wrong with the fuse box just wondered about replacin it as the fuses are like rocking horse to get hold of,  :banghead:  and i have a big stereo tht needs alot of juice,, im not a boyracer just like clean crisp audio,, cheers
 :dontknow:  

Back to the top
Save yourself the chew, wire straight off the battery and use in line fuses? Might save you a lot of trouble.

MK2 GTi 16v

Back to the top
yeah i used to have a 1300 driver and the stereo in that had inline fuses, difficult to get hold of though, cheers anyway.  :D

Back to the top
Hi - I have had no problems getting hold of the old style fuses. GSF and Halfords do them, also seen them for sale in car sections of shops like Wilkinsons.

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.