Skip navigation

Mk1 golf 1979 lost logbook and no reg

Back to the top
I have a mk1 golf 1979 gti that I have been repairing for years and now come to drive it I have miss places all documents of the vehicle from moving house ect
I only have vin tag but its not on any computer data base is there anyway of finding reg out at all?? Spoke to dvla they don't want to help at all

Back to the top
There is someone who advertises on ebay to find a number plate if you know the vin no,  it only costs about £4 and you get your money back if he cannot find it………..pagiimex72   and i have no connection…

Back to the top
cannot be done mate

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top
I haven't read through any of what this site says, it may be of absolutely no use to you however it might give you some where to start…

https://www.historicvws.org.uk/dvla

Back to the top

Mk1 golf 1979 lost logbook and no reg

Do you have the 179 number on the suspension tower? Vw may have a record of a service but slim chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
All Sorted now guys sent dvla the lost logbook fourm and the 10 digit chassis number and they sent me a letter back with the reg and and log book that followed a week later 👍👍

Back to the top
There is a FB group trying to locate all the surviving s1 UK GTIs. Is it possible you could divulge the number plate so we can add it to the list. if its not on already that is.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/261003370991354

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.