Skip navigation

Series 1 '79 Golf. ?700

Back to the top

Series 1 '79 Golf. ?700

Right,  I bought this a couple of weeks back with the intention of breaking it to use as spares for my '77.  However, on reflection it's too good to break, so I'm putting it up for grabs (I'd keep it myself but I've already got nine other vehicles!).

A quick bit of history.  Before I bought the car, it was owned by one family.  It was bought new by a man, who then sold it/transfered it to his wife.  It then went to the daughter after that.  She eventually traded it in at a garage, before I bought it.  So essentially, it's a one family car, albeit apart from the last week.  It's got 81000 miles on it, and a load of service history for the first 40000.

The car itself has 10 months MOT, and will have 6 months tax as of this weekend.  The engine's good and hasn't given me any problems (but I've only done 30 miles in it  :lol:  ).  I'll give it a proper look over in the week.

The interior is pretty good too.  There's a whole lot of green - seats, carpet, door cars.  All in good condition, with no rips or tears.  Driver's seat is a bit saggy that's all.  Obviously has the sought after early dash.

The car will come on a set of early alloys, with good tyres, as seen in the last pic.

The body has a few knocks and dents, but I'm gonna try to sort some of them out in the next week to make it look a bit better.  It's got all the chrome in the right places (bumper inserts, handles, trim), just needs a grill to finish it off.  

There's a couple of bits I'm not happy with which I'm gonna replace in the coming week, so the car will be available from then on.  Obviously if you'd like to view it before then though you're more than welcome.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.