Skip navigation

Mk1 GTI Series 1, 1979, 106k, 1.6 Silver REDUCED!

Back to the top

Mk1 GTI Series 1, 1979, 106k, 1.6 Silver REDUCED!

Alright guys, I have a silver Series 1 Mk1 Golf GTI in silver, 1.6 so nice on the insurance :) non sunroof, 3 door which unfortunately I am looking to sell to a good home.

I bought the car in the summer, after the last owner had it garaged for 7 years, got it MOTd and taxed, but most importantly had a massive service with all new spark plugs, cam belt, filters, fluids, you name it aswell as a new backbox to get it running sweet, which it still does.

Car has only covered 2000 miles maximum since I've had it due to me being at university, so could do with an owner who will give it the love and time it deserves. Was covered most nights during the winter and is always covered while I am at university. Starts up lovely and runs perfect every time I take it for a spin when I'm home, which is about every 3 weeks or so :)

The engine runs like an absolute dream, still pulls well and handles like it should, and has only covered 106k miles in 30 years.

Good points
6 months MOT
6 months tax
Original Wolfsburg steering wheel
Has the sought after "Dome" style Series 1 dash
Clean interior (replaced in the summer, still original mk1 GTI interior) 106k miles, so average of 3,500 a year for the last 30 years!
15" BBS RAs MINT, with tyres only covering 1500 miles (Spent £400 for these + new tyres in June)
Loads of receipts for its service in the summer, where it had all the major filters, cambelt fluids, oil, spark plugs brand new.
New clear headlights (still have the old ones and included in the sale aswell as 2 Hella fogs)
Debadged grill (original VW one included in sale, but with no badge im afraid)
German style plates
JVC CD Player with aux input for iPod/MP3
Bosch wiper

Not so good bits
Going to be as honest as possible here guys, the car does need some work. Paintwork in some parts isn't the best, due to it being 30 years old of course, and some parts look as if they've had a bit of paint/filler in the past.

Front drivers side wing has filler on it which is not painted and in general it does have the odd ding, and a minimal bit of surface rust on the lower passenger door. Underneath it will need some welding, which is borderline for the MOT. It passed last year but the mechanic said it would need doing in the near future, and it was also listed on the advisory paper. The bits that need doing are the rear chassis member, one of the inner sills, and there are also some small holes in the rear wheel arches, not sure how essential these are but just trying to give as much detail as possible.

It will also come with plenty of stuff I have in the garage, such as original decals, original VW grill, headlights and Hella fog lights, plus any other bits I have for it (no doubt will find some more!)

Am only selling as being a student I don't have a) the time to take it to a garage to get it all fixed up, and b) the money to spend on insurance and tax this year anyway :( so selling her off cheap to pay off some student debts and have a summer holiday this year.

Perfect buy for a collector (with it being a Series 1) or as a driveable project as it still has 6 months MOT left on it, and with a bit of TLC would be a great example of one of the first MK1s.

I'm located in North Bucks, near Olney, or about 10 minutes from Junction 14 for you motorway travellers, give me a ring whenever with any questions, if I'm not in a lecture ill probably just be playing Call of Duty haha :ph34r: , and I'll give you a ring back if I can't talk! My number is 07545959652.

Looking for £3600 ONO NOW REDUCED TO £3000 and offers!  with it being a Series 1, I could break it for the dash, steering wheel etc but don't want to put such a classic example to the scrap. Just spent £106 on tax a few days ago, and the wheels and tyres are worth £250+ anyway.

Comes with everything I have laying around for it as listed above, and is T&T ready to drive away for the next 6 months! It would be great investment ready for the show season if someone had the time and money to spent on getting her up to scratch!

Thanks!

Ed
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.