Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf 1983 1.5 GX

Back to the top

Mk1 Golf 1983 1.5 GX

Hi folks. I reluctantly have for sale my 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.5 GX. This car has served me amazingly well and I will be sad to see it go, but unfortunately I can no longer afford to maintain and run it, after loosing my job.

I'll start with a brief description of the car as a whole then break it down into simple points.

I have owned this car for over a year now and have loved every minute with it, It's a real head turner. When I first bought it the car did require some attention, the main issue being rust. I have spent lots of money in getting the car up to a good standard and condition suitable for daily driving and the buyer will not be let down I can assure you. However there are a few slight problems as I've not had the time or money to put into the car over recent months. The car no longer has TAX or MOT and would need to be towed or taken away on a trailer. The Car has been SORN'ed and has been off the road since early June. It did used to be lowered on 13x8" ATS Classics but I sold these as it seemed silly to have the car off the road over winter and to have £600 wheels and tyres sitting there corroding so the car is now on G60 steels.

Good points:

I have repaired or replaced any rusty pannels so the car is now almost 100% rust free.
The car has been re-sprayed in it's original colour.
It has been lowered on Hottunning Coilovers.
The Interior is immaculate with no wear and tear on the seats, carpet or headlining(only 3 tiny holes on the sunroof liner, simple and cheap repair).
The car is sitting on G60 steels with new tyres.
I have installed a fully working JVC cd player.
I have replaced the original black plastic side trim with chrome ones, which I think gives the car a fresher look.
The car has a whole folder full of service history and reciepts.

Bad Points:

The obvious being that the car has no TAX or MOT.
When the car is running but not moving the engine tends to over-heat(I think this is due to the old fan not being powerful enough to cool the engine down).
The heater in the car no longer works(I have a replacement blower motor which will come with the sale).
The drivers side CV boot needs replaced to pass the MOT(I also have the replacement).
The bonnet is in primer as I had a slight accident where the bonnet flew open and was bent pretty badly and needed replaced so the new bonnet is fitted and ready for paint.
Slight dent in the rood from the bonnet accident(Informed by pannel beater that it's a very simple repair).
The o/s rear passenger door has been keyed pretty deep and could do with being sanded down and re-sprayed.
There is some very light surface rust at the bottom of the windscreen from where the bonnet scratched the paint when it flew open.

This car generally doesn't need much work to get it back up to immaculate standards, I just no longer have time or money to put into it. I'd love to see this car to go to a great home where it would be loved and cared for the way it should be. It would make an excellent project for someone willing to put the work in.

My asking price for the car is £1000 or open to sensible offers.

I think this is a fair price as it doesn't need a huge ammount spent on it and it's in great condition for it's year. A lot cleaner than some of the ones you see for sale.

Please feel free to email or call me for more information and pictures.

Email: mini-feegs15@hotmail.co.uk
Phone: 07939379272

Used cars for sale - PistonHeads UK

I can get more photos for you if needed.
Happy to answer any questions.

Cheers
Duncs

Mk1 Golf 1983 1.5 GX
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.