Mileage: 157,000km
Price: ?695
Contact details: Jon 07910 173999/ 01924 462451
Condition:
Service history:
Mot expiry Date: OCT 2010
Taxed or sorn: none

Description:

Reluctantly, my 1994 Citi Golf is up for sale. I've owned the car for the past 18 months and thoroughly enjoyed it. The car gets plenty of attention wherever it goes as many people have never seen one before. My girlfriend drives it mainly and she's now bought a mk2 golf GTI as replacement - she's wanted one for ages. To be honest, I'd keep it if I could, but I haven't the space.
If you've never seen one before, the South African built Citi is based on the German mk1 Golf with a few different styling details such as the front wing, grille, bumpers and C - pillar creases. Many mechanical componenets are shared with the mk1 Golf so sourcing parts isn't usually a problem. Citi's are still being made in SA.
This one has the 1.8 carb engine so its pretty nippy and almost as quick as an 8v GTI. The 5 spd box is very smooth, handles like a mk1 should and its fairly refined too. Mileage is 157,000km which equates to just under 100,000 miles so not that much for a 15 year old VW. It uses no water, smokes a little from cold (its done this since I bought it and not got any worse - I've just topped the oil up if it needed it). It runs fine with no loss of power or flat spots and I've done plenty of 200 mile+ trips in it with no probs. It completed a 1000 mile tour of Scotland recently too, again with no probs.
Bodywork is green metallic (similar to Dragon green) with colour coded bumpers and mirrors. Good condition, but a few dings and scratches as you'd expect. The worst of these being on 2 corners of the bumpers, though they're not that bad. Couple of small rust spots, but these should be easily repairable and certainly nothing major. It had 2 new genuine Citi wings fitted 2 years ago.
Bit of wear to the driver's seat bolster and a small red mark on passenger seat (paint) - otherwise the interior's not bad for its age and is surprisingly comfortable. Ideally could do with a valet.  :D
Wheels are mk1 GTI alloys which would benefit from a refurb. Tyres have plenty of tread left.
It has a new MOT which is valid until OCT 2010.
No tax as it ran out on 31st August, but can tax at buyer's cost as its still insured.
In the last 18 months, its had new rear springs, bee sting aerial and some welding to the N/S sill for the last MOT. It had a full service back in February too. Comes with radio cassette and manual choke so a few extra retro touches are there! Also has the original SA manual which makes interesting reading!
Bear in mind, all Citi's are regarded by insurance companies as special imports so please check with your insurer! I used HIC who insured it no problem though.
I'm looking for ?695 ono as it stands with full MOT and no tax or ?795 with 6 months tax on it.

Now on ebay due to timewaster:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-VOLKSWAGEN-CITI-GOLF-Mk1-mk-1-South-African-import_W0QQitemZ130330241364QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item1e5849a954&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Located in BATLEY, nr Leeds, West Yorkshire. WF17.

I'll also throw some GTI springs/ shocks in with it (used but only done approx 6000 miles)

Jon 07910 173999/ 01924 462451

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.