Skip navigation

1986 1.6GL Karmann Clipper - Genuine under 80k

Back to the top

1986 1.6GL Karmann Clipper - Genuine under 80k

Just seeing if she gets any attention, may sell if I get a decent offer as much as I don't want to.

Main reason I am debating a sale is that she has been my daily car for over a year and has honestly never let me down. However, other than work 5 days a week, starting in September I will be studying at a college a 40 minute drive away in the daytime too. This will cause me to do a stupid amount of miles and I don't want to put those miles on her clock and I am looking for something Diesel/LPG for cheap fuel. I don't really want to sell her, I might even fix her up a bit more and have her as my weekend car or something but if anyone is interested don't hesitate to message me.

1986 'C Reg' Karmann Golf 1.6GL Automatic

GOOD POINTS
- Genuine 78k Currently on the clock (I use as a daily so will rise)
- Not a single pinch of rust ANYWHERE.
- 7 years of MOT History.
- Exhaust system 5 years old. (I have receipt and you can see when you look under her)
- Roof replaced by the last owner around 6 years ago I think (will look for receipt).
- New Cam Belt. (2 months ago) Had to change it when changing the rocker gasket that had a small oil leak  (Have receipts)
- New Rocker Cover Gasket. (2 months ago)  (Have receipts)
- New Timing Belt.
- New Rear Brake drums. (Apparently they were leaking brake fluid) (Have receipts)
- New Front wheel Track Rod End, Hubs & Bearings. (Have receipts)
- Tracking done this month.  (Have receipts)
- New Tyres all round. Including the full size spare wheel
- Original BBS Style Alloy Wheels.
- Original Factory Windscreen. (2 very small chips)
- Original Factory Glass Heated Rear Screen.
- Transmission fluid has a new filter, been fully professionally cleaned and has been filled up with new fluid and runs beautifully.
- Rarer Interior.
- Rarer Colour.
- Rarer to not have the big bulky bodykit.
- CD/ Radio.
- NO MODIFICATIONS.

BAD POINTS
- Two big tears in the drivers seat.
- Bonnet paintwork flaking off. (Could do with a bonnet spray)(Rest of paintwork is much better but still 26 years old so there are blemishes but nothing of concern other than the bonnet and like I have stated above, not the tiniest pinch of rust anywhere on her)
- Manual Roof? Is that a bad feature?

As unbelievable as it may sound, they are the only faults  I can think of. Mechanically she is perfect, paintwork isn't as bad as you would expect other than the bonnet. She has no modifications. Anything that has gone wrong/ been replaced has been my own fault but I have looked after her  very well I just feel guilty putting all the miles on her so I will probably let her go although I am highly tempted to have her as a 2nd car or convert her to LPG and use daily still.

I'm looking for £1300 or nearest offer.

I will take better photos if anyone wants me to, they aren't the best but all I have right now.

1986 Golf Cabriolet Auto GL, 1.6.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.