Mileage: 127,656
Price: 1,450
Contact details: 07887 533448 Mark
Condition: Good
Service history: From 1995
Mot expiry Date: September
Taxed or sorn: 6 Months Tax

Description:
Sadly I've decided to sell my daily driver golf GTi Cabriolet.  As I have two other ongoing projects and 2 other cars the wife has finally insisted I move one on! It is a 1985 GTi Cabriolet in Bronze Grey metallic, with black hood, blue carpets, and blue seats.  It has a rare brown dash, with matching door pulls and sun visors. It comes with the original blue vinyl hood cover. I have records on the car going back to 1995 and being 27 years old it qualifies for Classic car insurance.  It has MOT until September, although I'm happy to renew this, it will also have 6 months tax.

I bought this car two years ago on eBay and it wasn't running great.  I spent £600 on a full professional service, including new injectors, clutch, a new set of BBS RA rims, new tyres, and brake pads, it now runs fantastic and handles great, you wouldn't believe it is 27 years old - over the jubilee weekend I drove with my 3 kids to Dorset and it didn't skip a beat.  The interior carpet and seats are all in good condition.

I have done the following in my ownership;

Service items as mentioned
BBS RA wheels - I also have the original tarantula wheels
New tyres
Brakes professionally serviced
New floor Mats
New mohair hood (cost £400)
Lowered coil shocks all round
GTi tin top spoiler
Full set VDO gauges (not yet wired in)
Golf ball gear knob (still have original)
New door locks so car only needs one key for all locks, except glove box ( which is correct)
The car has an immobiliser which I have removed but you could refit this if you wished.

The bad points;
There is very little rust on the car, but as you would expect from an unrestored 27 year old car there are a couple of small patches, one on the bottom corner of the drivers door, and one at the top of the rear drivers wheel well, ( tiny and non structural).
The car has been repainted externally, twice.  The current finish is not good, there are tiger stripes, runs and dry spray.  Under bonnet, boot etc are all good.  When washed and waxed it is perfectly presentable.  I would respray the car at some point but it's not urgent as its not rusty.
Speedo works but the trip meter, water temperature gauge doesn't (although the MPF electronic one does) and the fuel gauge is temperamental.

In summary, there may be some shinier cars out there but more often than not you'll have running problems, tyres, brakes etc etc to fix.  This is a sorted car, you can jump in, put the top down and enjoy from day one of your ownership.  I love this car, but I can't afford a divorce so I have to have a go at selling it.

I bought this car sight unseen, and was very happy but I'd suggest you come, take a look and go for a drive.  I'm offering it for sale here first but will list it on eBay at the weekend.

Price £1,450
Tel 07887 533448 - send me a text if you can't get through as I have to have my phone off if I am with a client.
Car is located in Windsor Berkshire

Some pictures below and I can send more if you like.

1985 Mk1 GTi Cabrio

1954 2332cc Oval Beetle

1965 Notchback

1966 Split Screen Devon Camper

2005 V6 Touareg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.