Skip navigation

1983 Mk1 golf GTI 1.8 Karman Cabriloet

Back to the top

1983 Mk1 golf GTI 1.8 Karman Cabriloet

Hi Guys,

I bought this car as a project to do over the winter but am currently snowed under in work and know i am not going to get time to do it. Therefore I am offering the car for sale to any enthusiasts. The car is in very good condition considering its age. The engine sounds awesome as it would do only covering 87,000 miles. It just needs a good service. The bodywork is in a solid condition but has the usual small rust blisters that need looking at. There are no leaks in the roof although the inside liner has come away on one side at the back and it has come away slightly by the hinge on the near side rear of the outside of the hood. I am not sure if its a standard on this type of car but there are front electric windows and all the electrics work on the car. The car has an immobiliser and an alarm but the alarm does need looking at as when you press the button it goes off and the only way to turn it off is to disconnect the battery. I want £1300.00 for the car. I have just paid out for a new battery and also had a plate welded to the bulkhead part where the clutch cable comes through as this is a common problem where the housing isnt strong enough and it comes away, there is also a new clutch cable fitted. It has 4 brand new tyres on it, there is a spare back box for the exhaust and spare front grill (not GTI one).

The car has been stored undercover for the last 2 years.

I reckon somebody who knows what they are doing could easily turn this car mint easily at a very small cost.

If you are interested and want to come and have a look I live in Birkenhead on the Wirral (CH43) and can be contacted on 07832107979.
I havent figured out how to upload photos on here yet (I do have 4). If you want them sending then email ianhazlehurst@aol.com

Regards - Ian
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.