Skip navigation

1983 Mark 1 GOLF GL AUTO

Back to the top

1983 Mark 1 GOLF GL AUTO

Sadly selling my wee Golf!

I have had this car for almost 5 years bringing up the miles from 48000 to 65500 and loved every one of them!

This car is great fun to drive and gets a fair bit of attention.

The bodywork requires very little attention but  it is starting to go at the bottoms of the doors and rear wheel arch. It's very much a case of doing a little work now to save a lot of work later on.

The interior is in excellent condition bar a few bits of trim, most noticeable are the front door pockets and speaker housings
which are fragile and have been broken. I have seen these come up on ebay occasionally.

The car had very little use in its early years,covering 4129 miles by 8/1/92!!! There are MOT certificates and a partial service history.

I had the timing belt replaced at 50000 miles as a precaution, but the belt which came off it was practically new!

I have put new shock shock absorbers all round, had electronic ignition installed (original distributor included should you wish to replace it),
and had the car serviced every six months. The car does need a service at the minute, but I have transferred my insurance to my new car
so I won't be driving it anywhere!

The wheels are admittedly awful looking, but there is plenty of tread on the tyres.  I will also include 4 9-spoke alloys if the full asking price is achieved.

There are two original keys plus two copies plus 2 keys for the fuel cap. The Ignition key operates both front doors and boot.

The radio is old (also new aerial required) and the cassette player chews tapes, but it does have a line in which I connected my Ipod to.
I installed new Pioneer speakers front and rear.

The Registration was valued at ?350 about 5 years ago, (although it would be a shame to separate it from the car)!
It is a UK plate and can be registered for use on the Mainland.

The car is in Newtownards, which is about 10 miles from George Best Belfast CITY Airport, 15 from the Stena Port and approx 40 from Belfast International Airport.

Car will be SORNed from 31/1/09.  Payment to be cleared prior to collection.

?1400 ONO.

Many thanks for your interest. See Ebay Item 280307693257 for pics
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.