Skip navigation

1982 MKI GTI 16V - in bits!

Back to the top

1982 MKI GTI 16V - in bits!

Well, the time has come to finally admit that I'm not going to get chance to finish putting my MKI Golf GTI back together again….  :(

Marriage and the purchase of a new home forces the sale…

Spec:

Rolling shell with pair of rust free doors, brand new (pattern) front wings, brand new bumpers (black plastic!) and more other parts than I can remember…

The car has been stored in my parents garage for the last 10 years after I took it off the road due to a fuel pump failure.  She'd previously been converted to a 1.8 16V by myself while I was a student using a 1.6 gearbox to make acceleration absolutely silly!  The car is pretty much rust free barring some surface rust on the windscreen surround in the bottom corners (the usual place!) and on the leading edges of the rear wheel arches (again, usual place)… none of it is serious, and none has rusted through.

She'll come with a MKI, MKII and Lupo GTI dashboard (MKII currently fitted), Corrado front seats (in the process of swapping the mechs over so the slide handle is on the correct side), custom upper strut brace, adjustable lower strut brace, polly bushes, new fuel pump, new wishbones, new steering rack, 2x Zender rear spoilers etc etc etc… the list of parts is immense as I've been building up parts over the last 10 years and can't remember exactly what I've got for it… she'll also come with the KR 1.8 16V engine and 1.6 gearbox complete with custom C&R clutch and flywheel combination (all VAG parts)  There's also a few slightly rarer standard parts like mint parcel shelf and mint door cards…

Pictures of how she looked a few years ago when I pulled the engine out are HERE  She's not changed much as she's been sat in the garage there since those photos were taken… The only difference from what's on that page is that the Weber FireBreather has since been used on a different project… Oh, and the nasty glass flip up sunroof has been binned, and an electric, tilt and slide, glass sunroof has been found instead… it's an aftermarket one, so will fit nicely… 8)

I'm after ?750 for her, but am open to sensible offers…  Car is in Congleton, Cheshire  (CW12 1SD)

Email me at corradoATrandomlogic.co.uk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.