Skip navigation

1982 1.5GL Auto £699

Back to the top

1982 1.5GL Auto £699

I bought this as a fixer upper from the original lady owner who had put just under 82k miles on it in the last 28 years . The paintwork is original apart from the hatchback which was replaced at some time in the past and resprayed. There is a small dent in the hatch on one side.There is a photograph of the dent below. The rear brakes were recommissioned using new shoes and cylinders. The front brakes were bled and are fine (for MK1 brakes!) The fuel filler neck was replaced as the old one was crumbling and had contaminated the fuel. The fuel was drained and a gauze filter added to the pickup to prevent a repat of any problems with rubbish being passed through. The carburettor float was replaced with a genuine Pierburg part as the original was punctured. To be honest once the car was up and running , we took it for the MOT and then drove it home. It has sat in the garage since.
As a consequence it could benefit from some time setting up the mixtures and the choke settings. It runs and drives well enough though. I have havent done many miles since the MOT. It has 8 months tax and MOT. The tyres could be better as its been standing for a while. There is a small hole at the edge of the rear wheel arches where all the dirt collects which has been photographed below.
I fitted a different battery and radiator as the exisiting one had rotted out.The interior is in generally good condition apart from the parcel shelf and support which are missing, although it could really benefit from a good clean. The shelf is slightly buckled.There are various blemishes on the body but nothing major apart from the rear hatch. I am in North London.07881 493812

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.