Skip navigation

1500cc tuning

Back to the top
Just wanting to know has anyone tuned/ modified the 1500cc engine, my golf has this engine and was wondering about port and polish head, updated camshaft, 4-2-1 exhaust and motorbike cabs perhaps has anyone done this before

im not looking for massive power gains or to tear up the streets, just a nice little burble and a small amount of poke 👍👍

Back to the top
if porting the head I would say definitely replace the carb, bike carbs are good if set up correctly/properly on a rolling road etc, but you could always fit a replacement weber (someone will know which one) which will increase the air flow too. Along with the ported/polished head and 4-2-1 mani/exhaust should give it a little extra kick. Not sure about camshaft but I guess slightly steeper cams would help too I'm sure someone else can advise on that

and obviously making sure everything is set up exactly like carb, timing and correct spark plugs etc as that can make a world of difference

'83 formel e

Back to the top
The car already the person before me fitted a weber 36 on it

Back to the top
I'm here to revive the post… did you do anything back then with the 1.5? 

Back to the top
I have a 1500 with the 36tlp and its quick. Mind you I have a replacement engine in mine. If anything a better exhaust would be nice. Mind you it's nice to see the other people's faces.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.