Skip navigation

Uttoxeter here we come...

Back to the top
Well my AGM weekend starts in about an hours time…

Car and trailer polished and packed, petrol and food in stock so just about ready for the off… Paul (cranky) is journeying with me.  :thumbs:

Head to Dublin Port for sailing tonight - stay in Llandudno - journey thru north Wales and hit Uttoxeter on thursday night. All going well.  :)

Should be a great mk1 weekend and I think this is my 6th in a row.  :cool:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Safe travels Hugh - MK1 is looking mint, I can't wait to see it in the flesh  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Car & lookin stunnin as always Hugh have a safe trip an a great weekend .. That will turn some heads this weekend … My money's on best in show … 

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top
Thanks chaps. On the high sea enjoying tea and crackers!  :lol:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
drive safe dude and I shall see you Saturday (y)

Back to the top
Safe journey mate, looking forward to seeing your tin top and having a good catch up. Both of us Sportline-less this year!

Mines gone, it will be my first AGM without a Mk1, but by the end of the weekend I might have one  ;)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Dammit! I won't be there to see you  :(

Safe journey anyway, Hugh.   :)

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Safe journey guys…c u Friday ;+)

Banner

Back to the top
Well after a great long weekend in uttoxeter we headed for Holyhead yesterday eve stoping off in Llandudno for dinner. 

Got to home this morning at 8:10 after covering 700 odd miles on the round trip over 5 days. 

Big thanks to the mk1 owners club committee and volunteers who organise the weekend.  :thumbs:

Was truly delighted to recieve the engine bay award from Walter.

Also a shout out to Paul @CRANKY who journeyed with me and shared in the AGM experience. His mk1 knowledge and chat were great fun all weekend long.

I'll post a few pics tomorrow when I return to normal operation.  ;)  
Until next year when we do it again…

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Nice to meet you at the weekend Hugh, your engine bay was perfection, nice to see a standard engine getting credit, my camera broke so the pictures I took didn't come out, if you get time in next few weeks could you PM me some pics of different views, I need some inspiration for the Winter weekends….

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

RichardHall said

Nice to meet you at the weekend Hugh, your engine bay was perfection, nice to see a standard engine getting credit, my camera broke so the pictures I took didn't come out, if you get time in next few weeks could you PM me some pics of different views, I need some inspiration for the Winter weekends….

Thanks for the comments on my engine….  :$

No problem Richard - I'll send you a few pics of the bay!

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
This was the speedo reading on my car last night after the weekend - 706.5 miles  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
A great weekend enjoyed it very much, thanks to the club and it was great to meet so many new people.
Will hope to attend again next year.
Congratulations to Hugh for his prize for best engine.

Back to the top
Congratulations Hugh, well deserved win!

Completely standard engine and engine bay are so really seen these days, let alone one to the extremely high standard of yours.

A testament to your efforts and skills without a doubt!  :thumbs:  

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Hi Hugh,
Bit slow off the mark this week but well done on your engine bay! I hardly saw you all weekend, didn't put you and the car together for some reason. I was looking for the cabby despite us talking about your win the other week!!! Durrr!!

Do you fancy doing another one over the winter??!! I keep getting marked down for 'a dirty engine' so I need to do something under the bonnet soon I suppose.  :o

Hope the ride home was ok. I convoyed with mcdonut in his Series 1 (which is for sale).

Back to the top
Belated congrats Hugh 👏👏. Well deserved 

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

Congratulations Hugh, well deserved win!

Completely standard engine and engine bay are so really seen these days, let alone one to the extremely high standard of yours.

A testament to your efforts and skills without a doubt!  :thumbs:  

Thanks Mike - I was delighted with the whole weekend. The car has a few exhaust issues so might just return it to standard box and dump the stainless job.  :)

Dano said

Hi Hugh,
Bit slow off the mark this week but well done on your engine bay! I hardly saw you all weekend, didn't put you and the car together for some reason. I was looking for the cabby despite us talking about your win the other week!!! Durrr!!

Do you fancy doing another one over the winter??!! I keep getting marked down for 'a dirty engine' so I need to do something under the bonnet soon I suppose.  :o

Hope the ride home was ok. I convoyed with mcdonut in his Series 1 (which is for sale).

No problem Dano - I was keen to chat with you over the weekend but a few times I was free you were in mid conversation or vice versa.

I probably got the offer of detailing about 5 engines from the AGM - I'd say if I can do it anyone can…

The trip home was grand taken me till today to return to normal service.  :thumbs:

golfman16 said

Belated congrats Hugh 👏👏. Well deserved 

Cheers buddy - hope you had a nice holiday?

Cheers Hugh.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.