Skip navigation

favour required!

Back to the top

pair of beers for a test fit of a pair of wheels?

hi, i am coming to the AGM this year for the first time, i am looking at getting some new wheels for the mk1, but don't want to fork out a massive amount to find the wheels don't fit.

does anyone have space to bring wheels of 15x8j with any ET for me to test fit to the car, and see what will and won't fit?

ideally i would like to test a wheel of ET10 (as that is the dimension of the alloy i want to buy) but any other ET's will be welcomed! andif i like them enough i might offer to buy them!

will offer a pair of beers for a test fit of a pair of wheels?

thank you in advance!

Back to the top
now thats a strange one but i'm sure someone will be up for it especially where beers are involved :)

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
yea, thought that would sway people! i have looked at all the "will they fit" websites, but nothing compares to actually fitting the wheels to check clearances and how far it sticks out the wheel arch!

Back to the top
This is  how 14x8 looks with slightly flared front arches on my cabby. 

Back to the top
ooo! so they poke out quite a bit! what offset are those wheels? sweetmk1dub

Back to the top
I have a funny feeling that they are et20 but don't quote me on that. 

Yeah they do stick out a bit,  8j on the rear and 7j on the front would be preferred 

Back to the top
yea i have 7's all round at the moment, i wasn't expecting that much poke from an 8!
maybe ill go down the root of LSD for more grip!

Back to the top
Plastic gti arches would make it look a bit less like a roller skate but I didn't want them on the cab. 
Will change them for some 7j wheels at some point 

Back to the top
 :lol:  yea there is more choice for tyres on the 7j wheels as well, think i will stay put and put the money into something else :) thanks for your help :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.