Skip navigation

Aargh

Back to the top
Well I managed to make it to the AGM on Sunday ( Big thanks to all who worked hard to get it together). This is the fourth or fifth that I have attended, but still I never learn.
I spent all of Saturday washing and polishing the car and then early Sunday putting back on all its trim, grill, rear spoiler and badges ( I have to remove them these days as they were previously stolen from outside my house ). Thought that she looked quite good. She managed to get me to Uttoxeter without incident, so I paid over my money and parked inconspicuously on the main parking field before taking a wander through the show and shine area.
I was soon overcome with despondency and the green eyed devil rose up inside me until I felt nauseous.
Managed to make it back to the car and left. She got me home without incident and I then dismantled all the trim etc without a word being spoken. What can I do to make her make the grade??
Went to bed but couldn't sleep due to the images of brilliant paintwork and chrome, spotless engines and overall immaculateness flashing through my head.
Got up this morning and there she was silently wondering what she had done to deserve the cold shoulder I was giving her.

Does anyone else or their car feel this way after the AGM?

Just joking, it was all brilliant and thanks again until next time.

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
The best MK1 at the AGM is the one that gets you home safely ;)

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
It's your car, if you're happy with it then it makes the grade  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

It's your car, if you're happy with it then it makes the grade  :thumbs:

the man speaks the truth!

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
Well said folks. Every mk1 golf still on the road is special in its own way. They will all get that second look or thumbs up as they are driven on the road.

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top

Macca said

Well said folks. Every mk1 golf still on the road is special in its own way. They will all get that second look or thumbs up as they are driven on the road.

I agree with what you just said I get the thumbs up and you have seen my car its not the best looking car but I love it.

B reg cab

Back to the top
Thanks all. Cheered me up, but my carstill has an inferiority complex. I will try to console her though……and maybe buy some lowered upgraded shocks!

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.