Skip navigation

The 2013 Gathering Venue and Dates

Back to the top

The 2013 Gathering Venue and Dates

We are pleased to announce the dates for the Mk1 Golf Owners Club Annual Gathering 2013.

Uttoxeter Racecourse, Wood Lane, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire ST14 8BD

Dates
Friday 26th, Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th July 2013

2013 will see our forth year at the Racecourse. We held the A.G. earlier in July in 2012 so as not to coincide with other events but it appeared to inconvenience more people than it helped, we've reverted back to the 'usual' dates.

We also looked at alternative venues but the overall package offered by the racecourse and their assistance when the chips were down due to the bad weather really helped us out. Road access is great for everyone around the country and it's a central location.

We would encourage EVERYONE to come to the 2013 Annual Gathering, if you're not a camper don't worry - we'll be publishing hotel and B and B details on the show site to help you out. If you've never been before or don't know anyone, come along - within 20 minutes you will!!!!!  8)  

Regional Hosts

If you have names of members on a contact list please encourage them to come along, the more the merrier.

We need to smash the record set in 2004 when 147 cars turned up….. with everyone's help we can!!!!  :pray:

Back to the top
im in, always a great weekend, hopefully without the rain this time

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Come rain or shine the date is set now.

Bring on the AG 2013 !!!!

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
My birthday on the 28th, So I think I'll celebrate in style on the sat night :mrgreen: Fancy dress style that is….

Back to the top
Me and the wife (89ckipper) will be there :) hold on a sec, i think i am washing my hair that weekend lol :)

Back to the top
:D We're in. And rember your car don't have be mint but legal.

B reg cab

Back to the top
I would love to of been able to go but already got the Le Mans 24hr and Glastonbury in June and this weekend clashes with my 50th birthday and I know there are plans in place so fingers crossed it is a better weekend weather wise for you all and look forward to hearing the tales of drunken dad dancing!!

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
:dance: Yay.   :cheer:

Back to the top

n

We'll be there, this year with 2 cars hopefully  :D

Back to the top
:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

I cant believe it, this year I go on my hols at the start of July and the AGM is on then and so for next year I have booked my hols just last week for the 20th July and the AGM is now at the end of July.

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Is someone taking the ……..

Back to the top
We just reverted back to the original dates next year because we tried to please the few this year and it didn't work.

Anyway un book it.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top

bouchay said

My birthday on the 28th, So I think I'll celebrate in style on the sat night :mrgreen: Fancy dress style that is….

We need to talk bob, can't have us being towing again ;-)

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

Ginner said

We just reverted back to the original dates next year because we tried to please the few this year and it didn't work.

Anyway un book it.

Cant I'm afraid as going with friends for 2 weeks to Turkey on the 20th

:|  8O

Back to the top
We were hoping that you could knock a strong Scottish contingent together for next year.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top

Ginner said

We were hoping that you could knock a strong Scottish contingent together for next year.

Gutted tbh.

I know its tough luck but I am properly annoyed.

Genuinely moved my normal holidays back 2 weeks so that I could have come down.

Im sure I will see the photos.

:(

Back to the top
I have been trying to move my holiday, its not over til its over !!

Back to the top
Great, so now I can start planning the trip over from Vienna, Austria to Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, England.

As mentioned in one of my previous posts:
"The idea is to drive across Austria and into Switzerland, stay somewhere on lake Geneva. Then onto Paris for a day or two and then head on over for the big event. If my Son is with me we will try to blog the trip over with comments, the trails and tribulations and of course a bucket load of photos.  :starwars:
Should be a laugh, well that's the plan!"  :tlc:

Watched last night the Top Gear program where they found in their Super Cars the "Greatest driving road in the World".
Well may be we will find one of our own for Golf Mk1's?

I've renamed my post to "2013 AGM. Vienna, Austria to Uttoxeter, England by ROAD." and will start real soon to add to it.
The original route and changes, the costs (as I thought they might be) and what they become. All the silly stuff like getting the car ready. What can we take with us (it's going to be a looooong trip). Spare parts? Were to stay, even what about a tent when we get there, all that kind of stuff.
If we make it, how do we get back not the same way surely?

Feel free to check in with the story from time to time as I'm sure there will be something for everyone, from a good laugh to "why the hell did I open my big mouth in the first place'!

It will cost a packet, so if any of the Club's approved advertiser's want to come forward and offer their assistance, my ears are very much open!  :wink:

Mike.

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
This will b my 1st time . Wat do people prefer yhe b+bs or camp ?…. cant wait … im gna start stockin up on magners !!

Back to the top
Camping is by far the best or if you like me have a caravan when use that. As for stocking up on magners there is a tesco  2 mins done the road.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
There may just be a small Scottish contingent winging its way down next year :-)
There are too many online users to list.