Skip navigation

My mk1s...

Back to the top

My mk1s...

They look like they had seen better days in the pics :lol:

Stick up a pic up of how they came out mate. Would be interested to see  :)  :)

Back to the top
Ahh I love the solid lifter GT!

Bit confused, how on earth did you fit the distributor? I think I vaguely remember reading something about using a saab dizzy for electronic ignition, but I thought the GT/G40 ones were special. Impressive man. :thumbs:

Back to the top
Its a mk2 golf KR distributor Cal ;) Fits straight in and plugs into the GT loom!

Smudge, here you go :thumbs:

Pics of the seats after a scrub with a brush and upholstery cleaner, then a BLARST with the jetwash :D

Hard to capture how well they've come up without lugging them all outside and into the snow just for a photo :lol: But I'm well chuffed.  Other than the drivers seat they're basically mint!

Back to the top
Well done mate. Nice work. They look like they've come out really nice.

Top banana,  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Phataz1 said

Its a mk2 golf KR distributor Cal ;) Fits straight in and plugs into the GT loom!

Well now isn't that handy! Very useful info, thanks

Jealous of the seats btw, they look lovely.  :wub:

Back to the top
fair difference on the seats :o if i keep reading build threads I might even bother to update mine lmao

Back to the top
Finally got the last peice of glass for the blue one, the passenger door quarter, which then allowed me to build up the full door.

An ABF engine is winging it's way into this now :$

And some decisions were made about the white Golf which ended up with a purchase of these :wub:

Back to the top
 :wub: cannot wait for white progress! 

An abf will be a good finish to the blue one too. I love my valver! 

Back to the top
a proper mk1 junkie;) lol awesome love that blue mk1 beautiful colour:thumbs:

Back to the top
OOOOOOOOOOO loving the arches mate. MK1  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments guys:)What started as a piece chopped off a car, ended up as this;

And more importantly this;

Cleaned up and swiss cheesed

Welded

DUN

Massive thanks to Winston for the engine mount :wub:

Back to the top
16v power soon! May have a job for you if your interested to Arun il give you a text over next few days :) 

Back to the top
Yeah course Brad lad! Gimme a text and I'll see if I can help :thumbs:

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Little bit of progress on the blue 'un.

Last bit of rust on the car was the clutch cable hole on the bulkhead which had pulled through, been plated up and not painted.  So not only was the bulkhead now a mess, the rust had spread up into the rain tray too.  Was just gonna take the easy route and get rid of the rain tray altogether, but decided against it for easier identity proof later down the line.

Had to cut out the wiper linkage support bracket to get rid of all the rust, and removed all the bitumen from the bulkhead so I could check for rust underneath there too;

Nothing more than a few spots of surface rust so cleaned and sanded the surface back, plated up the rain tray and bulkhead, and welded the wiper support back in;

Scraped all the old cracked seam sealer out from all the seams to check rust hadn't started underneath, threw some rust converter down the seams and blarsted it all with epoxy mastic;

Primed, and now to finish prepping the rest of the bay;

Back to the top
Great builds awsome stuff I love watching mk1s being resurrected :)

Back to the top
Cheers fella :wub:Massive thanks to Winston for his invaluable help this evening :wub:Bay prepped and primer dashed over any bare metal, 2k primer next when I get hold of a working compressor :dry:

Back to the top
Looking good amigo! 

Back to the top
Top work guys. :thumbs:

Back to the top
Excellent work as usual!

Love the way collies are on it already! Nothing wrong with a sensible drop tho

So glad you kept your raintray in, i'm sure it adds to a bit strenght, plus keeps it a bit more original.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.