Skip navigation

Black L Reg Sportline Cab project

Back to the top

Black L Reg Sportline Cab project

Being honest - my mate tommy (my mechanic) had the gear for it - its a spray job… two coats. comes in different colours I think - got the matt black. Its a kinda stippled finish - just to prevent that bloody rust coming back! Won't need changing for another 20 years! :wink:

Here is a link to the Process

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Ok cheers Hugh, will take a look on tuesday, see what I can find :-)

Back to the top
Sorry - my mistake on the spelling - shutz paint.

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
looks soooo good! love what you have done there!

G60 cab!

Back to the top
Well Gerties at the garage today having her fuel tank replaced, so fingers crossed its the right one! My mate works at the garage and has promised to post some pics on facebook later of her up on the ramp :-)

Back to the top
Hi mate

How did the petrol tank fit?

Did you get to do anything with your engine bay detail over the weekend?

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Hi Hugh....my usual luck, their ramp packed up, so has to stay overnight and is being done tomorrow....as for the engine detailing, currently have an eye ulcer so cant really be doing work like that :-(......will let you know how the tank fitting goes tomorrow mate :-)

Back to the top
Ah that a bummer! All in good time…

I'm off to halfords tomo eve to pick up and then try the engine/brake cleaner trick.

Hope it work?  :wink:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Good luck, yep I will get there eventually!

Back to the top
Sorry to hear about your eye  :(

I didn't see the brake cleaner in halfords but never asked  :dontknow:

I got a lot of the bay cleaned when I had the rad, hoses and battery out last weekend, some graft though, my hands were sore !

Just out of hospital last night after having an op on my shoulder so will be not doing anything to the car for a few months incl driving it  :cry:

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Cant seem to upload the pics, is it because they were sent via an iphone straight to facebook....who knows, and cheers Massbad69, yep bloody pain, but by the sounds of it not as much as your shoulder :-( Feel better soon mate :-)

Back to the top
Don't know about the iPhone thing, just getting my first White iPhone 4 tomorrow, another gadget to keep me busy when I am laid up.
Bored already and only been off today, never mind in 10 days time :dontknow:

Pics are always easier from normal phone to laptop to photo bucket, my laptop has been broken, wife getting a new one today hopefully as I hate using this iPad for uploading photos from her iPhone. Its just far easier using a laptop IMO.

Looking forward to seeing your pics and I will post my new pics of my engine bay if she gets a laptop ?

Cheers from the one armed typist

Back to the top
Its my mates iphone, he posted the pics on facebook and tagged me in, I just copied as usual to transfer but dont work…….Yep think you will be well bored, bit like me at the mo, cant do anything but sit in a darkened room :-(

Cheers from the one eyed reader!

Back to the top
The one time that I could play my playstation online and the bloody system is still not back up yet  :(

Think I will go to a dark room too  :wink:

The one armed bandit

Back to the top
Right well have spent most the day at the hospital with my eye ulcer, but while thats been going on my golf has been at the garage for 3 bloody days having the neew petrol tank fitted...good news is, fitted perfectly, bad news is, fuel still leaking out because the rubber pipe that connects to the fuel tank has now got a tear in it!!!!!!!!Anyone know where I can buy a new one???????NIGHTMARE!

Back to the top
Daniel

Nightmare mate, why don't you measure the diameter of the hose and the inside diameter and just google or eBay it ?

That's how I got the braided water hose from the expansion tank to the top of the radiator.

Cheers chris

Back to the top
Sorry meant to say hope your eye is getting a bit better, if not I will send you a patch, lol.

Chris

Back to the top
Ha ha, cheers Chris, my son wants me to have a patch so I can look like a pirate……so does my wife, which is  a bit more weird……….. The pipe I am talking about is the one the goes from the bottom of the fuel tank and connect it to the filler neck, I have seen them new on ebay, just want to make sure I dont order the wrong one as this has so far been one cock up after the other….hope the shoulder is ok mate :-)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.