Skip navigation

Bit Of Mirror Polishing PG39

Back to the top

My Rivage Restoration

Had a delivery today of some new Rivage decals thanks to fellow member chortle, cheers mate  :D

The backing has been cut in such a way it will make fitting them in the correct position easier.

Back to the top
Made my weekly visit to the bodyshop earlier today.

Was weired seeing the golf looking in a sorry state.

The guy doing the job told me the passenger door had been sprayed before (this I knew) but whoever done it didnt do the best job.

He was just finishing the door off.

Anyway heres the pictures till next week.

Back to the top

Back to the top
hope they keep that mohair hood clean ;-)

Back to the top

PNERivage said

hope they keep that mohair hood clean ;-)

Im sure it will pick up dust here and there.

My mate who is a professional detailer is going to go over the car for me the week I get it back.

Back to the top
should really undo the rear tension cable and the tooneau cover trims and pull the hood free from the channel.

That way they can make sure there is no rust under there and it will make there life easier when painting too.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Carl how do I do that to the roof?

I can do it when I go there next week then.

Cheers.

Also I forgot to txt you back yesterday, I will pass your details on if I get asked about the decals any more.

Back to the top
when I had some spray work done, they masked the roof as soon as i took it in

have a look (not displayed as img on purpose)
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4147/5071513548_457373edd7.jpg

with all the dust floating (Outside the spray booth) about I would ask them to do it

Back to the top
Yeah I see your point Tony.

Ill save that picture so I can show the guy next week.

Back to the top
undo the 2 screws that hold the tonneau cover trims on.

Fold seat forward, wind rear windows down and undo the C Pillar cap seals, undo the 2 plasctic covers at the seat sides.
That should expose the nuts on the rear tension cable. Just undo them and withdraw the cable and pull the material out the channel.

There is often work need doing to the area behind, so it makes sense to have a look see.

cheers

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Good advice there Carl.

Will defo do that when I go over next week.

Back to the top
must be a great feeling going in and seeing good progress espically when you get it back all done.

Back to the top
It is a good feeling mate.

Was weird seeing it with most of the bits off tho.

Back to the top

wowzers

geestur said

must be a great feeling going in and seeing good progress espically when you get it back all done.

wowzers look at them bouncing to and throw.

Back to the top
looking forward to seeing this done and all back together and cant wait to see your face Ceri even more !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

Re: wowzers

blackcherry said

geestur said

Im confused.

Back to the top

Re: wowzers

BigNormRivage said

blackcherry said

geestur said

Im confused.

Geesturs avatar Ceri, look up the page  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

yep

chortle said

should really undo the rear tension cable and the tooneau cover trims and pull the hood free from the channel.

That way they can make sure there is no rust under there and it will make there life easier when painting too.

chortles right if your having it done properly then the hood has to be pulled off the lip or you will get flaking paint plus there could be the startings of a rust hole as cabbys tend to rust at the sides where the plastic covers are screwed to the body.
is he stripping the bonnet back to metal?as mk1s always have spot rust under the paint even parts that look good can have them.
I ended up stripping the whole car back to metal even the sills with all the sealer chasing rust and my car looked mint to start with, so if i just went and sprayed the car theses would of only come threw months if not weeks after the paint job.
what im saying is dont let the guy cut any corners if your paying top doller.
keep the pics coming fella.

Back to the top
Yeah the bonnet is going back to bare metal.

The sills and door shuts are all being done.

I saw the bodywork under the roof when it was taken off not long after I bought the car and it was all rust free but I will go back there next week and take the roof off the lip.

Also the bodyshop doing it are not going to rush it just to get it out the door they will be doing a bit here and there.

Back to the top
A bit here an there  8) …gonna look worse before it gets better….im confident you will be more than pleased with the finished result…you will need to make it clear what you want removing off your car apart from the obvious otherwise they won't do it…looking forward to some updates  :wink:

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y
There are too many online users to list.