Skip navigation

Bit Of Mirror Polishing PG39

Back to the top

My Rivage Restoration

Tian said

BigNormRivage said

Tian said

They are very bling! You like them though so that's what counts.

If you're after a lifetime exhaust, I can recommend one.

T

I agree they are bling.

Like I said they have had 2 coats of rimwax which adds to the shine and the lighting in the house makes them stand out more.

Who can you recommend mate?

I will be after one that looks exactly like the original but stainless.

What size is your exhaust Tian?

Booked my car in to be done next friday.

This is what I went for but if you'll obviously have your existing one with you so all you need to do it to ask them to match that one instead.

T

Back to the top
If you are thinking about doing the mounts, use a diesel engine mount on the rear with a poly on the front and 2 standard ones on the rest, read it on a post from rubjonny, people are saying that all poly are too harsh and too much vibration.

Back to the top
Yeah I will do mate.

Just having the exhaust done next week.

Ill do the mounts when I get the manifold done.

Back to the top
i bought a 4 in 1 stainless manifold on ebay from california with postage was about 90 quid i will go through my ebay and see if i can find more info as it was last year i bought it.
i was gona buy the rest of the system off him just havent bothered yet as my car still a long ways off yet.

Back to the top
have you kids made up now :wink:  :whiteflag:  I hope so  :wink:

Back to the top

PNERivage said

have you kids made up now :wink:  :whiteflag:  I hope so  :wink:

I dont know what you mean Tony  :wink:

Back to the top
I went for a slash cut tail pipe when I had my stainless system made. I didn't like just the straight pipe coming out.

Back to the top

bouchay said

I went for a slash cut tail pipe when I had my stainless system made. I didn't like just the straight pipe coming out.

Do you have a pic mate?

Back to the top
I've got a supersprint manifold with a milltek stainless system with a new slash cut tailpipe welded on!

Back to the top
hey just noticed your rivage wheels , looks ace  i tried reading through to find out where and how much you got these done i fancy it done on mine !

Jay

1990 - MK1 GOLF CADDY PICKUP  | 1980 - MINI GT 1275  | 2005 - RENAULT TRAFIC CAMPER

Back to the top
I paid just over £200 and they were done by a mate of mine in Swansea.

Im sure there will be plenty of people up your way who will do them.

Back to the top
Today started off as a normal day, set off for work knowing my new fuel pump relay was turning up via courier today. My mum was staying in all day to reveive the parcel for me as I was working.

About 12 o clock she hears the van in the street, looks out the window to see the van driving away and a card in the door to say she missed the delivery :banghead:

Im annoyed as I need the car for tomorrow and it aint starting.

Phoned GSF and result they had 1 in stock. My father drove there to pick it up to be told they cant find it!!!

Im getting more annoyed now as im stuck in work and cant do anything.

Last resort I phoned euro car parts (who were meant to be delivering the original 1) they had 1 in bristol and they could get it today…… Big sigh of relief.

So my father goes back out to pick the part up and result it had arrived.

Got to the misses house, changed the relays over. (still not 100% sure that it is the relay thats gone) turned the key once to hear the fuel pump prime itself for a second or 2 then stop (this has never happend before).

So fingers crossed I fired it up and……………………

IT LIVES  :mrgreen:

So a very happy ending to a frustrating day.

Im off to relax now.

Back to the top
Thank god its alive as there is nothing worse than when the wee cars are dead  :cry:

The engine starting would have been a massive sigh of relief  :wink:

My monkey car after passing its MOT yesterday with flying colours and me heaping big love on it after work today ( washed and polished ) after a lovely drive for ice cream with my 5 year old son it died at the junction in to my estate  :banghead:    :dontknow:

I had to push it over a main road and send mt lad upto get neighbours to help push it up the hill, then after 5 mins it started and I drove it home ??????????????????

No idea what happened but it is annoying and unsettling for future drives  :(   :(  :(

Back to the top
I was very pleased to hear it fire up even tho it sounded awefull with the exhaust blowing like crazy.

Drove it back to my house tonight praying the exhaust didnt fall off.

Got it booked in for 9am tomorrow morning to have the new system fitted.

I want the old school noise that it made while idling and im hope it can be done without making it to loud while driving.

Dont want it to sound like a boy racers car.

Back to the top
As for yours cutting out on you….

The joys of owning a classical car :-)

Back to the top
Had my new exhaust fitted today courtesy of longlife swansea.

Waited about 2 and half hours for it to be done.

Decided to go for a 2 and half inch rolled tip.

Not the best pics (used my phone)

Hopefully getting my original wheels fitted next tuesday.

Last edit: by BigNormRivage

Back to the top
What's the growl like… :wink:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

What's the growl like… :wink:

Forgot to mention.

I went for mid sport.

You can hear is slightly bubbling on tick over.

Cruising and normal accelerating its as if it aint there (just what I wanted)

Put your foot down and its really nice, loud enough to know its there but not to loud that people think your a boy racer.

Very happy with it.

Back to the top
Cool… I look forward to 'hearing' it at the AGM 2011…  :lol:

Temps are 26.5 here today… beautiful out…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Just seen this, look very nice mate. Mine is a 2 1/2inch tail pipe that is straight instead of with the kink. Like you it makes a nice sound and pops a little on lift off but isn't in ya face.

T
1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.