Skip navigation

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142

Back to the top

1980 GTI

dubboy said

Looking  8) . Though sticker fonts are not correct.

:roll: Oh NO!

Back to the top
can`t wait for the reply…. ready for lock down… :lol:

Back to the top
Hi Ben very nice car, just wondered where you got that rear number plate holder from?

Back to the top
Thank you.

Got the plate surrounds from a good friend who let me steal them from his Passat. I liked them because they're UK plates instead of the usual German and Austrian ones. I imagine they're available from VWUK if you ask!

1983 Black GTI

Back to the top

benandemu said

Thank you.

Got the plate surrounds from a good friend who let me steal them from his Passat. I liked them because they're UK plates instead of the usual German and Austrian ones. I imagine they're available from VWUK if you ask!

any more pics…?

Back to the top

Looking good though sticker fonts are not correct

Yes big difference I don't know how we'll all sleep.

Back to the top

benandemu said

Thank you.

I'm having trouble finding a rear plate surround, what year is the passat?

Back to the top
That car is awesome, a real credit to your efforts, im loving the attention to detail, nowt wrong with being fussy :wink:

those stickers are cool too 8)  and a proper restoration finisher, cant honestly say i see any difference to the originals :dontknow:  which i kinda think may be hard to find now days :wink:  

oh and Now i even more sooooooooooooo wish i had kept my mars red s1 :cry:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
C'mon Ben, give us some more pics :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Not much more to tell really.
Done a few bits and pieces from my list, today and last week sometime. Notice the tyre tread is now just inside the plastic arch on the rear.
I'll let the pictures do the talking.
Oh, I also heard all 142 horses today as well. Sounds a bit rough (Sooted up plugs probably), but lovely nonetheless!

I can't wait to polish the paint again and get everything clean. It will take me an entire weekend to clean it properly as there's so much dust everywhere. You can see the dust on the bumpers. They are actually brand new bumpers!! I swear you could measure the bonnet dust in millimetres.

Still got to release the clutch and sort the handbrake out, plus rear electrics are a pain. I think the relays are dead.

And a little shot of the clean parcel shelf that I had to repaint last week.

1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
Best car I've seen for a long time, well done.

Back to the top
WOW! that looks awsome… well done  8)

Back to the top
Great pics, car looks spot on, cant wait to see it washed and polished :clap:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
Absolutely love it, attention to detail is first class............. and the wheels....you beat me too it, superb :wink:

Back to the top
As usual Ben, I am gobsmacked.
I pray for a lotto win so I can offer you a silly amount for this car. Then again, maybe just knowing they guy who built the car of his dreams will get the biggest kick out of owning it is enough….  :wink:

Back to the top
Many more jobs have been completed from my snagging list now. In fact I'm getting ready to bring her home and finish the last details myself.
The body has been cleaned and polished, and I have used the 'special vinyl gel' on the interior plastic and exterior arches. The passenger seat is in place with the earlier style, 'Beetle' front runner guides. All electrics are sorted and the car is running much stronger after a 10 minute clear out! Hope you enjoy the pictures and thank you to all who have appreciated the work so far.

1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
outstanding work, can't beat a standard looking car lowered on some nice wheels, the best look there is.

could you email me some hi res full size pics to metal_john@hotmail.co.uk

your car is wallpaper worthy ;)

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
My pants have gone all soggy :mrgreen:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
mint.. :D hope your gonna take it across to europe this year..

Back to the top
best mk1 ever 8)
There are too many online users to list.