Skip navigation

1.1 Formel E Restoration

Back to the top

1.1 Formel E Restoration

Good you sorted the starter problem. Did you sort the rev counter problem ?

Be good to see your mk1 at the AGM - it really deserves to be in the 'Best Tintop' line-up - REALLY.

Back to the top
Yeah, all sorted, Watson  :thumbs:

However, now the indicators won't work  :lol:  I've looked it up and there's a few things I'll try tomorrow but apart from that he's almost there.

Now, if there was a 'best standard tintop daily' category, I'd be in there!

I can't compete with a car that's kept in a carcoon  ;)

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Well, despite our best efforts (my dad and brother have been stars) Oreo didn't make it to his MOT.  :(

A faulty hazard switch was the culprit and even the MOT chap was trying to source one up until the last minute. My MOT centre is the best  :)

So although it won't be at GTi International it should be at the AGM  :thumbs:

Time for some chocolate me thinks!  :lol:

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Good news - he's FINISHED!

Well, I say finished. He's MOT'd and I'm just waiting on the tax disc to come through.

There are still little things that will need doing over the course of the next few months but he's road legal and I can drive him.

Here are a few of pictures that my brother took for me for the agreed value:

The interior hasn't been retrimmed and there are a few bits the engine needs but I think he's looking good.

Thanks for dropping in and for all the lovely comments. I'm sorry it wasn't the best of build threads but I did warn you!

Amanda

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Looks amazing, great job  :thumbs:

'83 formel e

Back to the top
Cheers, ned!  :)

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
That looks smashing m00. Lovely MK1 :)

Back to the top
You've done a swell job with your restoration.

The stance of your mk1 looks great.

The pics look like they were taken outside my work in Rugby. I could be wrong :$

Back to the top
You're right :thumbs:

It's a little lower at the back but it's just another thing on the niggly list of things to do!

It's nice around there at night, very quiet.

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
I wouldn't make it a concern unless it rubs of course. Lovely colour and the interior is mint. Don't get the seats re-upholstered. Keep it original :).

I'm going to start my resto this autumn/winter. For now I'm just enjoying mine as a rat lol.

Back to the top
I was going to replace the worn bits with the original material (much to my brothers annoyance!).

Good luck with your resto. There were times it was very challenging but worth it.

Double the money needed and triple the time. Then there won't be any surprises!  ;)

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Does you brother own a mk1 too?

The challenges paid off clearly. I hope I get to see Oreo at a show soon.

I'm not in a rush to start the resto so it will be 'one piece at a time' when I get to it. I'm toying to drop a bigger engine in but can't decide.

Have you any more plans for yours?

Back to the top
No, he owns a mental RX7. He retrims car interiors and wants to change mine but I won't let him!

Home - EDGE Automotive

I'm going to the AGM on the Sunday if you want to have a nosey then?

Plans are just to enjoy it, maintain it and change a few bits like worn badges etc.

I'm all for originality me :$

A resto is one thing but an engine swap is something I couldn't do - too much of a headache that one!

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Drat I can't make Sunday only Saturday I'm afraid. Maybe another show.

RX7 is hefty piece of machinery. I bet thats a beast.

Never knew the company existed in Rugby. I love the yellow s1 tintop with the tartan gti interior re-upholster. What a great job.

Thats what owning a mk1 is all about. Burning fuel and enjoying it. I will keep an eye on your project thread.

Back to the top
Shiny new paint, engine and bay look fantastic.  You must feel well proud with the end result.

Back to the top
I am, cheers, Watson.  :)

Just a few niggly bits I want to sort out - the other half says I've been bitten by the bug!

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Congratulations on the MoT, looks like a cracking little car after all that effort.  Well worth it, and here's hoping you get to enjoy many happy miles together.

Back to the top
Very well done Moo it looks awesome. Would very much like to go to one of these meets that you guys have over there one day. Should I ever come there on vacation I will plan it in such a way that I can go to one of these meets.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Congrats on finishing your resto Moo, He's a lovely mk1  :wub:

Back to the top
Thank you everyone!  :$

Still no tax disc so no legal jollies on the road yet  ;)

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.