Skip navigation

1300 driver cutting out at idle

Back to the top

1300 driver cutting out at idle

up until about all of half an hour ago it had been running fine, made a trip to london from norwich (120 miles) yesterday, and all had been well. but now when i stop now ,and let the engine go down to about 1000 rpm it just stalls… its fine at all other times, and is fine if i pull the choke out, but just not when i push the choke in and stop…

any idea's…?!

cheers

max

Back to the top
check the electric cut of valve is getting power/plugged in ! :)

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
Yeah, fuse has probably blown.

TT

Back to the top
cool will do cheers guys, also, as i was driving home tonight, i noticed sparks coming out of what i think was my exhaust… I got out and checked but it was all in place, so the exhaust hadn't fallen off or anything could possibly be the rear drums as it did happen when i was braking… I'm taking it to my buddy tomorrow so I'll talk to him about it, but i was slightly concerned…!

Back to the top
happened to my 1.3 it was to do with the points mate.

Back to the top
I agree with jacko when I reset my points on my driver i noticed a difference as soon as i turned the key.

Check all your timing/ignition parts aswell as this electric cut off valve

What does this valve look like and where is it cos i'd like to know too? :dontknow:

Back to the top
CHECK YOUR CARB JETS

On  the  older vw  carbs the jets are prone to blocking up with crap. Happend to me  serval times before. symptoms are cuts out  at idle but if you rev and  keep it above idle its fine?

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO>  USING A SCREWDRIVER IS TO REMOVE THE IDLE JET OFF THE CARB (TAKES ONLY MINUTES) AND CLEAN IT WITH A FINE BIT OF WIRE (YOU'II SEE THE CRAP STUCK IN THE JET)

i know it sounds hard to do but look in the old haynes at the carb pictures they are two jets which are only screwed in to the outer body. just make sure you put the right screw back in the right place.

you should also check that your vacum pipes are not cracked and that the dizzy points are clean. also remove the oil cap and make sure theres not a whiteish flim of oil ( which is a sign of weak mixture)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.