Skip navigation

MK Xmas show and shine meet 1st december @ Ikea

Back to the top

MK Xmas show and shine meet 1st december @ Ikea

We've had go-karting @ Warrington and a very good treasure hunt back in Feb along with the 'normal' meets  :D Great fun  :mrgreen:

It's quality not quantity
 :D

Everybody tries their best and that's all anyone can ask. But then again the more the merrier  :) Most of us, I assume, have jobs and families so non of us will ever make every meet yet we endeavour to get there  :D

Note to Dano

Need to make sure we get more than them Southern buggers at our next meet  8O  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
maybe we should both move one of our meets one month that suits all to a sat or something and try and work out a half way meeting point somewhere so we can get both regions together, if we moved it too a sat then it would be more practicle and attendable by both party's if its not on a school night and can make a good afternoon/evening of it…….have a regional road trip, if we can find a regional meet held in the middle of us could use thier venue punch their meet post code in and get 3 regions together at the same time then??

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top

kavlfc said

Note to Dano

Need to make sure we get more than them Southern buggers at our next meet  8O  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

HAHAHAAAA…… We might try go-karting or something after the curry night… sounds a right laugh so I'll see what the meet organisers think (ant5 and Rajan).

Doesn't matter if 1 or 100 turn up… everyone's welcome and they'll be made to feel welcome too.  Dips mate (from mk2 background) was surprised people were actually talking to him  8O … he said it wasn't like that at other meets (non mk1)… I'd hate that  :?

You need to un-cancel your xmas meet… be ashame not to have one  :dontknow:

Back to the top
We're all off to Bert's soon then  :lol:  :lol:

Maybe a non-AGM meet somewhere central. I believe there's a town in Derbyshire which is officially the centre of Britain?? Quite happy to look into it further as everyone has there own region so I'll research an ad-hoc one?????????

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

zambeaky said

maybe we should both move one of our meets one month that suits all to a sat or something and try and work out a half way meeting point somewhere so we can get both regions together, if we moved it too a sat then it would be more practicle and attendable by both party's if its not on a school night and can make a good afternoon/evening of it…….have a regional road trip, if we can find a regional meet held in the middle of us could use thier venue punch their meet post code in and get 3 regions together at the same time then??

Or just have an additional "road trip" meet rather than moving anything.  Good idea for the summer months mate.  There's bound to be an event in between NW and MK at some point  :dontknow:

Back to the top

kavlfc said

We're all off to Bert's soon then  :lol:  :lol:

Maybe a non-AGM meet somewhere central. I believe there's a town in Derbyshire which is officially the centre of Britain?? Quite happy to look into it further as everyone has there own region so I'll research an ad-hoc one?????????

Yes mate why the hell not aye.   :lol: Give us a shout if you find something and we can talk it over nearer the time… sounds good !!

My Lean Green Spudwok machine should be running on Sunday ladies and gents… for all those who think I rent a mk1 for photo shoots, or take pics of random mk1's to call my own, or beleive I invent them in my head along with magical fairy dust…. Spudwok should be alive for the Jan meet… ohhhh… that's 5 weeks away  :( ….

Back to the top
You know the units there if you need it mr wok

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

You know the units there if you need it mr wok

Thanks mate my old man's mechanic mate is doing the clutch this Friday/Saturday… car hardly moves… he's also going to tune it…. you have pm kind sir.

Back to the top
Hello Guys, Sorry for being lazy but can someone tell me where the parts thank you thread is?

I like the idea of some go-karting :)

Cheers!

Back to the top

JP84 said

Hello Guys, Sorry for being lazy but can someone tell me where the parts thank you thread is?

I like the idea of some go-karting :)

Cheers!

It's HERE fella  :wink:

There are too many online users to list.