Skip navigation

My new Sportline project.

Back to the top
Both arch decals now on and got my Gamma 4 headunit this morning. Hassle free fitting really other than I broke the aerial plug so no radio for the minute. Works brilliantly with my iPod (hence the wire!) and looks much more OEM too. 
image.jpg image.jpg

Compulsive buyer of knackered VWs!!!

Previous rides;

'81 Mk1 1100 C
'83 Mk1 1.8 GTI
'93 Corrado 16v 9A
'81 Mk1 GLI cab
'91 Mk2 16v KR
'89 T3 Whitestar
'87 T3 Caravelle GL
'95 Polo G40 LHD
'93 Mk1 Sportline LHD

Back to the top
Nice to meet you at the AGM today and judge your Sportline in the best daily category.

It looked a real stunner ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Gamma 4 is nice..  

Posted at work…

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Nice to meet you at the AGM today and judge your Sportline in the best daily category.

It looked a real stunner ;)

Thanks - nice to meet you too! Looking forward to the comments so can press ahead with the next wave of improvements. Proper inspirational stuff today!

Previous rides;

'81 Mk1 1100 C
'83 Mk1 1.8 GTI
'93 Corrado 16v 9A
'81 Mk1 GLI cab
'91 Mk2 16v KR
'89 T3 Whitestar
'87 T3 Caravelle GL
'95 Polo G40 LHD
'93 Mk1 Sportline LHD

Back to the top
To be fair there wasn't too much to pick fault with on yours, especially given that it's a daily.

The biggest issue I had with it, is that it's sat on your drive tonight and not mine!  :lol:  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

figti said

Gamma 4 is nice..  

Posted at work…

Thanks - saw a fantastic 15k miles Sportline at the AGM today which had the same head unit so very pleased with my purchase! Today got a bargain rad card and airbox feed pipe (thanks Shughy) and a bargain rear hatch lock seal (thanks crazy quiffs) to keep me amused this week. Definitely will be back for next year.

Previous rides;

'81 Mk1 1100 C
'83 Mk1 1.8 GTI
'93 Corrado 16v 9A
'81 Mk1 GLI cab
'91 Mk2 16v KR
'89 T3 Whitestar
'87 T3 Caravelle GL
'95 Polo G40 LHD
'93 Mk1 Sportline LHD

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

To be fair there wasn't too much to pick fault with on yours, especially given that it's a daily.

The biggest issue I had with it, is that it's sat on your drive tonight and not mine!  :lol:  :thumbs:

Haha! It's all been re-detailed from the journey now and back to ferrying the kids tomorrow!!!

Previous rides;

'81 Mk1 1100 C
'83 Mk1 1.8 GTI
'93 Corrado 16v 9A
'81 Mk1 GLI cab
'91 Mk2 16v KR
'89 T3 Whitestar
'87 T3 Caravelle GL
'95 Polo G40 LHD
'93 Mk1 Sportline LHD

Back to the top

Yes but the gamma 4 isn't oem sportline. The 3rd is it. I still think about these choice too..  Today I added my full heated details.. Electric mirrors and "Wischwasserdüse" at the Frontwindow.

Its Nice to See other Sporline Fans outside Germany

Posted at work…

Back to the top
image.jpeg

figti said

Yes but the gamma 4 isn't oem sportline. The 3rd is it. I still think about these choice too..  Today I added my full heated details.. Electric mirrors and "Wischwasserdüse" at the Frontwindow.

Its Nice to See other Sporline Fans outside Germany

Posted at work…

I've been a fan of the Sportline since 1996 when I got my first mk1 1.1c! I thought Gamma 4 was later and knew the 3 went in the Sportline as per the period brochure. However when I saw the untouched 15k mile example with a '4' at the AGM it made me wonder whether it was another variation on the breed like the documented steering wheel, gearknob, rear badges etc. so I have a more open mind now. 

Anyway today I fitted the parts that a purchased at the AGM. The intake pipe was surprisingly fiddly and I need to get some stainless jubilee clips, but I doubt it's going anywhere for now. The rear lock seal was in a right old state!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Previous rides;

'81 Mk1 1100 C
'83 Mk1 1.8 GTI
'93 Corrado 16v 9A
'81 Mk1 GLI cab
'91 Mk2 16v KR
'89 T3 Whitestar
'87 T3 Caravelle GL
'95 Polo G40 LHD
'93 Mk1 Sportline LHD

Back to the top
Nice finishing touches.   Good job

Back to the top

The Fan Cover Looks interesting.. I still make rebuilt covers of the left And right Covers.. Never Seen Yours..

Reg Kevin

Posted at work…

Back to the top
Seen this at the AGM, had a look round, it's a tidy motor, well done!

Back to the top

Hi man.. Any News?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Back to the top
IMG_1642.JPG It's been a while and it's still my daily. In all honesty I've not done much more to it other than the usual cleaning and maintenance. Actually be considering selling it with a few half hearted ads and a handful of timewasters. Need a winter car really and a nice garage that isn't full of family stuff - but as usual funds are precious. Still love the car but you can't own them all. Here's some recent shines pics! IMG_1642.JPG IMG_1642.JPG

Previous rides;

'81 Mk1 1100 C
'83 Mk1 1.8 GTI
'93 Corrado 16v 9A
'81 Mk1 GLI cab
'91 Mk2 16v KR
'89 T3 Whitestar
'87 T3 Caravelle GL
'95 Polo G40 LHD
'93 Mk1 Sportline LHD

Back to the top

These Sounds Bad.. I Know about These considerings to sell loved Cars.. Still Hope You dont sell it..
Reg Kevin

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
There are too many online users to list.