Skip navigation

Chortles Project Green Rivage. New roof time....

Back to the top

Chortles Project Green Rivage. New roof time.....

Massbad69 said

You never managed to get to mine to do my Sportlines roof  :'(

Thats why I had to sell it  :lol:

Good work oh Chortley one  :thumbs:

Sorry Pal,

I'd of loved to get back up to Scotland, not been since I was 13. Fantastic place it is.  Funny memories getting grass snakes out of the bath for my Auntie. lols

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Great work mate!, looking good :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Do it once and do it right! ok, we've identified the problem, lets not make it worse by guessing……… Identifying the sympton is not the same as understanding the cause :)

Back to the top
Enjoyed reading this and amazing right-up on your roof and inner-lining. Dreading that day…..

Brilliant.

Back to the top
Nice little thread there Chortle

Its just pointed out how much work mine needs lol!

Alps 1992 Rivage Green, 1991 Rivage Blue (SOLD), 1986 GTI convertible White (SOLD) 

Back to the top
your roof post had filled me with equal amounts of enthusiasm and trepidation!! can't wait to do mine now!!

Guy

91 Rivage project thread < its a slow process but getting there!

Back to the top
Guy you got my number so feel free to call chortle's tech support line… lols.
time consuming and good fun at the same time.

Back to the top
Tiny update.

Took the mats out the car the other day to hoover (I have the original Rubber over mats the matching foot well mats) and noticed the carpet was wet through. I know my roof doesn't leak and I had been wondering why my coolant level was going down rather quickly. I had changed the coolant level sensor switch as the water was coming up through the pins. Plus put a new expansion tank in as mine had a split where the return pipe went too. Having a nosey thinking I got grommet missing etc I put my hand under the centre console by passenger side and felt water on my hand. The dreaded heater matrix had given up the ghost and had been leaking. So a quick shout to Veedub machine and £20.00 later I had the next day a brand spanker. The issue with this is working upside down under the passenger foot well. If I was to do this again for the time it takes I'd take the front seat out. So next I drained the system down.
It was a nightmare to get to the blue clips that the pipes are held on with. I thought it easier to disconnect from the engine bay too. In the end in was impossible for me to get the clips of and in frustration got a hack saw blade and cut through the plastic nubs on the exchanger. The unit goes in sideways and there's not much gap between the pipes coming through the bulk head and the connectors on the unit.  I got the new unit place and put a new jubliee clip over the nubs, fed the rubber hoses back in from the bay. After a bit of jiggling they went on. I did the top hose first. Once tightened up I reconnected all the hoses in the bay. Then refilled the system new coolant and ran the engine with cap off to to make sure the return coolant was coming back. Set the heater control slider to max hot and let it warm up. Checked level again, cap on to pressurize the system ran to full temp so fan kicked in, turned engine off, let cool then rechecked the coolant level little top up, job done.

Back to the top

chortle said

Guy you got my number so feel free to call chortle's tech support line… lols.
time consuming and good fun at the same time.

lolz - i probably will be doing… i'll make sure I watch the DVD a few times though!!

Guy

91 Rivage project thread < its a slow process but getting there!
There are too many online users to list.