Skip navigation

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion (wide arched)

Back to the top

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion

Baggie82 said

foxymk1 said

900? i would of charged you more than that just for painting it never mind the arch work,, take it back and get them to sort the over spray on your engine that is unacceptable
I've already paid £2400 for the previous metal work and paint job.
 The £900 was for the arch work . He was also correcting the previous paint job he had done as the colour was different on the doors compared to the body. Thats why he has blown over it to get the colour match right.
  The car has come back worse than when it went up  :( 

so he charged you for work correction he got wrong in the first place ? TAKE IT BACK or get your money back mate
the cheak of some people !!!!

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

Baggie82 said

foxymk1 said

900? i would of charged you more than that just for painting it never mind the arch work,, take it back and get them to sort the over spray on your engine that is unacceptable
I've already paid £2400 for the previous metal work and paint job.
 The £900 was for the arch work . He was also correcting the previous paint job he had done as the colour was different on the doors compared to the body. Thats why he has blown over it to get the colour match right.
  The car has come back worse than when it went up  :( 

so he charged you for work correction he got wrong in the first place ? TAKE IT BACK or get your money back mate
the cheak of some people !!!!

Yes the £900 was just for the arch work. The only thing up with the paint before was that the doors were a deeper shade. 
  Going to give him a call in a bit and see what he says. 

Back to the top
this type of sh1t really pi55es me off.

have a read through this bud, and get your argument straight before contacting him

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/supply-of-goods-and-services-act-1982/ d

id you pay by credit card? if so, you can claim through your credit card provider as well.

good luck.

1980 Series 1 GTI (gone now .. what a mistake selling her!)
1979 Series 1 LD - the Mandarin Dragon … gone as well. oh dear.

Back to the top
i like this very much,shame about the little imperfections
keep up the good work  :thumbs:

2000 R1   TOY ;-)
2003 CIVIC TYPE R reliable daily
1989 cabby 1.8 gti  ongoing project (my 1st vw)
husqvarna te 410 supermoto
just aquired a series 1 tintop:D

Back to the top

hysteric said

this type of sh1t really pi55es me off.

have a read through this bud, and get your argument straight before contacting him

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/supply-of-goods-and-services-act-1982/ d

id you pay by credit card? if so, you can claim through your credit card provider as well.

good luck.

Paid by cash mate , but thanks for the info !!

I've just text him and sent across the photos. Will see what his response will be in a bit.

Back to the top
Good luck Baggie, hope you get to an amicable solution

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Managed to speak to Tom today regarding the paintwork. He has said that he is away until wednesday but will come and collect the car and sort it out after.
  I've told him that i can leave it a couple of months or so until it's been back down to TSR and is roadworthy as I don't want it sitting up in Notts when I can be cracking on with everything I still need to do.
  I am thinking of asking Tom if he knows anybody that can let him use their low bake oven as I think this is the problem with some of the poor paintwork i.e. the dust under the clear coat.  I don't mind paying for the use of somebody else's oven if it's going to give the car a better finish.
  What do you think guys ?

Ad.

Back to the top
AD glad you sorting things out,I no of a spray booth that my m8 rents out. Pm me

Back to the top
Ad, good to hear, yeah perhaps if you can get and oven etc then it could be the way to go, whatever way you have paid good money for the work, so even if it takes a bit longer for the guy to sort to the standard you want stick with it, it will be worth it in the end :-)

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Making a bit of progress now on the car !!  Managed to fit all the chrome trim and cut all the new scrapers to size and fit.  Also managed to install the electric window kit I bought from crazy quiffs last year that  has been sitting around ever since.  And managed to fit the new bonnet latch and cable.
  Next on the agenda is to fit the dynamat.

Back to the top
Started on the sound deadening today and got most of it done.  Just got the doors to do and the boot as well.
  Started by stripping the deadening that the bodyshop had put in the footwells and installed the Dynamat superlite.

Ad.

Back to the top
Great progress with this. Top work

Back to the top
Bet that lot cost a few £££ to do mate. Did you buy a complete kit for the car?

Back to the top
  Wasn't too expensive Smudger. Bought the box with 12 big sheets in it and then just cut it to fit the car. Going to finish it off tomorrow and get the lower arms and arbs done as well. Wish me luck !!

Back to the top
Good luck buddy :)

Back to the top
Just catching up on this, gutted with the problems and glad you went back to them in the end. It's a shame as the look of the car and colour is spot on  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

Well 3 - 4 weeks has turned into 5 months ! on the arch work , and i'm picking the car back up on the 19th.
  In the meantime i've been collecting a few pieces along the way to get it sorted.
  I will update with photos of the arches on the 19th……………… if there are no more hold ups !!

I've hte same CAI on my S3…. they sound awesome! :wub:

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'02 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI

Back to the top
Had a blast at fitting the anti roll bars today along with the poly bushed lower arms.  Managed to get the rear arb fitted but used the old clamps rather than the new ones as I couldn't get them shut. Moved onto the lower arms which went in pretty well and started to fit the front arb. Gave up as started to get pee'd off as couldn't get it to fit correctly. I'll give it another shot on Sunday now.

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Managed to get a few hours in on the car today and it's actually starting to look a bit like a car again :lol: I had some underlay in the loft, so put it in the footwells and under the back seat rather than paying for the sound deadening pads from newtons. I also wired up the stereo, which went without any hiccups !! Tested the speakers as well , so all I have to do now is run the cables through the doors and get it tidied up :)
There are too many online users to list.