Skip navigation

Hello all

Back to the top
Hi all,
I have recently inherited a 1983 Mk1 GTi Campaign and I'm working on getting it back on the road, and much to my surprise, it doesnt need a great deal!
It's been layed up since around 2009, I remember him taking it out the odd once or twice but the dust tells me he gave up at some point, he did always dream about getting it to shows and so on. So today after a few months of owning it I decided to pump up the tyres and bring her out, after an hour of fiddling and checking on things, she fired up, though I have my doubts about the starter motor being all that healthy… belts as well, safe to say I have a bit of work ahead of me!

I'm in a lucky position to have known this car all my life and know the problems its had in the past, but cars are not my usual go to, I'm a bike type of guy so no doubt I'll be on here bothering you more knowledgeable folk and crying for help at some point. :lol:My goal is to get this going and hopefully join up with you all at gatherings, continue the dream we both had of getting it out there again and not hiding away in the garage all it's life.

See you on the forums :cool:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.