Skip navigation

Need stuff!

Back to the top

Golf gti mk1 1979

Hiya all

I've just bought a 1979 golf gti, it's the early type with the small rear lights. Reg DPK 933V.
I just wondered if anyone has come across this before? I'm after some history!
 I also need some stuff, both doors, front and rear screen, front bumper and where to get the best repair/replacement panels, I need rear arches, boot/spare wheel well and sills/floor!

Many thanks

Nathan

Back to the top
Welcome to the club first of all.

If you need some stuff which clearly you do, the you really should become a paid member because you'll get a range of discounts from our preferred advertisers which you see all the way down the left hand side of the home page and elsewhere.
Plus discount in our on-line shop and much more! :thumbs:  

Also, put in some posts in our wanted section, plus keep a close eye on the for sale section and you'll be surprised how quickly parts come up for sale.  ;)

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top

Need stuff!

Have you dried it out yet?
I went to see that.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Hiya, haha no it's still drying out believe it or not! However, it's not as bad as I thought it would be! So glad I got it though! What did you think?

Back to the top
Thanks Mike! Yes I think I'll pay to become a full member. Thank you for the tips! Much appreciated pal!

Back to the top

Need stuff!

NathanPearson said

Hiya, haha no it's still drying out believe it or not! However, it's not as bad as I thought it would be! So glad I got it though! What did you think?
I think you must have wanted it really badly to have paid that sort of money, the guy you brought it from paid £1200 the week before,  I went to £2,150 which I felt was high for the condition.
I must say I suspected it was a bidding up exercise to inflate the value, and was expecting it back on buy it now £3500 or something along those lines.
Good luck to you. Say hi to benandemu  he's a series one expert, as is dubboy

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
To be honest I suspected that but I've been contacted by people wanting to give me more for it! However I think it's worth every penny as it's completely original even it is in rusty condition and had no paperwork. I'm really going to enjoy restoring it! These 1979 gti's are quite rare too!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.