Skip navigation

Newbie from South Wales with a hearing aid brown 1.3 swallowtail (ed) tiptop Mk1 Golf

Back to the top
Hi guys,

I thought I would sign up and look for some inspiration.

I spent my youth in Jap motors but as I have grown up (I'm 33 FFS, it sounds like I'm 60 :p), my collection has grown and I have always fancied a mk1.  When this came up for sale locally I did some research and found out we had mutual friends, he lived 5 minutes away and was a really sound kiddie so I went to take a look.  I wasn't convinced on buying it beforehand but upon viewing I fell in love and bought it there and then!

Most of the spec you can see, it's powered by a mk2 1.3 instead of the original which as the moment has no spark.  Confident it will be up and running soon and tbh, parts are so cheap I will probably replace the coil and plugs and everything on the ignition system in-between.  :D Wish me luck. :D

Here are a few pics.

My current daily is a CLS 500 but once the salt stops going down I hope to use the Golf.  It will be about as polar opposite to the Merc as you can get get but for that reason I hope I will love it.

Inspirations and suggestions about what I should do to it are welcomed as I really don't know what direction to go.  I originally planned to change the mint wheels but they have grown on me.  I am already eyeing up various engine conversions etc.

Anyway, I hope to meet some local owners over Spring and Summer 

Back to the top
Welcome to the club, good to see some more South Wales members joining up :)

Matt

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers, do PM's go out about events in and around South Wales?

Last edit: by madda

Back to the top
Very nice, welcome aboard, don't forget the agm in july, be nice to see it in the flesh  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Where abouts in s Wales?

Back to the top

ijs1985 said

Where abouts in s Wales?

Newport/Cardiff
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.