Skip navigation

hello from north devon

Back to the top
Hi, I'm Josh, Im 23, from North Devon. I've had a few VW's over the years, three Mk3 Golfs, a Bora and a Mk2 Jetta. but I've just picked up a Mk1 Golf c 1.1.

It runs and drives, just. It is need of a full resto. My plan is strip it down to a bare shell, sort any rust out, full respray then rebuild using refurbed or new parts, I plan to leave it the same as the day it left the factory.

Here's some pictures for you.

The better half has called is Arny.

look forward to getting stuck in and picking your brains later on in the build.

Thanks for reading.
Josh.

Back to the top
Welcome to the club. Looks like a good project you have there.  Don't see too many non GTIi's kept standard but when they are I think they look really nice.  There are some lovely ones on here for inspiration if you haven't seen them already.  Like the anti-scratch finger plates you have behind the door handles, we're all the rage back in the 70s/80s.

You have made the biggest step already, getting your other half to give it a name means they are attached to it…. Happy days no finding excuses for the money you want to spend on it…….

If you've not got a brochure to check on specs, then on the Club main home page, down the right hand side towards the bottom is a link to copies of brochures.

Good luck and keep us up to date on progress.

dont forget the benefits of becoming a paid member, with all the discounts on parts that you can get, should help you.

Last edit: by RichardHall

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Yes, glad you are keeping it a 1.1 C and resisting the temptation to butcher it into a GTI or 20v turbo with 19 inch alloys and flipflop paint.

Less is more.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top

RichardHall said

Welcome to the club. Looks like a good project you have there.  Don't see too many non GTIi's kept standard but when they are I think they look really nice.  There are some lovely ones on here for inspiration if you haven't seen them already.  Like the anti-scratch finger plates you have behind the door handles, we're all the rage back in the 70s/80s.

You have made the biggest step already, getting your other half to give it a name means they are attached to it…. Happy days no finding excuses for the money you want to spend on it…….

If you've not got a brochure to check on specs, then on the Club main home page, down the right hand side towards the bottom is a link to copies of brochures.

Good luck and keep us up to date on progress.

dont forget the benefits of becoming a paid member, with all the discounts on parts that you can get, should help you.

I took the other half to the Haynes museum, and after watching different classic car shows she saw how much money there is in classic cars, so she sees the golf as an investment.

I would like to put an abf in a mk1 but I think it would be worth more in the future standard. I also have bikes that satisfy my need for speed haha.

Thanks yah I'll check out those brochures, could come in handy.

Back to the top

Early-1800 said

Yes, glad you are keeping it a 1.1 C and resisting the temptation to butcher it into a GTI or 20v turbo with 19 inch alloys and flipflop paint.

Less is more.
Yah I want to keep this one original, maybe il get another mk1 and go mad with it! :)

Back to the top
Any updates on this murray

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.