Skip navigation

vw festival Harewood house August 14/16 2015

Back to the top

Sunday clubstand

Right see you guys later at the show have a safe drive there :thumbs:  :thumbs:

B reg cab

Back to the top
Can I confirm something. Are we just showing on Sunday is it Saturday and Sunday. 
Thanks Chris

Back to the top

ChrisGTicabrio said

Can I confirm something. Are we just showing on Sunday is it Saturday and Sunday. 
Thanks Chris

Yes we have got sat/sun but if you don't want to do Saturday its up to you :thumbs:

B reg cab

Back to the top
Got here after a long drive alternator had worked it self loose half way, got job i had a socket set in the boot lol. All Set up now Relaxing having a beer now. Soaking wet.

Does anyone know if there is a car wash here or nearby mine is filthy?

Eddie I will bring my pass over to you in the morning if you have some one who can use it mate

Follow me on Instagram, scottyr_mk1golf

Back to the top
Good work scotty excellent perseverance! I'm not going to camp tonight having seen the rain and I probably won't get there for another 2 hours! See you bright and early tomorrow! Hopefully it'll be sunny! 

Nearest car wash is probably at pool in wharfedale out of harewood turn left follow road down then at bottom of hill straight on for about 3 miles right at mini roundabout and there's a garage there I think it's a shell! 

Duct Tape really is for the win, when combined with cable ties the world is your oyster!
( I am not sponsored by nor advertising duct tape or cable ties!)

Back to the top

Eddiebear said

ChrisGTicabrio said

Thanks Chris

Yes we have got sat/sun but if you don't want to do Saturday its up to you :thumbs:

May as well take through on Saturday as well seeing as I'm here. 

Back to the top

Eddiebear said

ChrisGTicabrio said

Thanks Chris

hi Eddie ,  Gav going to be late is it ok to get pass of you tomorrow morning at stand? Time you going over mate? Cheers

Back to the top

duct-tape-FTW said

Good work scotty excellent perseverance! I'm not going to camp tonight having seen the rain and I probably won't get there for another 2 hours! See you bright and early tomorrow! Hopefully it'l be sunny! 

Nearest car wash is probably at pool in wharfedale out of harewood turn left follow road down then at bottom of hill straight on for about 3 miles right at mini roundabout and there's a garage there I think it's a shell! 

Cheers mate appreciate the info,  Yeh going to be good weather tomorrow 

Back to the top
Will see you guys on the Sunday

Back to the top
Is it a full house for the stand on Sunday? Or do you need another one to fill it?!

Back to the top
This is just a quick thank you to Eddie for arranging stand/passes etc.  Unfortunately I had to leave early today.

Great weather, fantastic number of MK1's on our stand, and nice to put faces to names. :thumbs:Thanks

Lhasa2008

Back to the top
I'll second that thanks again Eddie. I never get the chance to properly chat with the kids about. Great turn out….  :thumbs:  

Lhasa2008 said

This is just a quick thank you to Eddie for arranging stand/passes etc.  Unfortunately I had to leave early today.

Great weather, fantastic number of MK1's on our stand, and nice to put faces to names. :thumbs:Thanks

Lhasa2008

Back to the top
Thirded great effort Eddie, superb turnout thanks for organising the stand! Next year the stand may be even bigger, met a great bunch of people superb weekend! 

Duct Tape really is for the win, when combined with cable ties the world is your oyster!
( I am not sponsored by nor advertising duct tape or cable ties!)

Back to the top
Guys what can I say but a very very big thank you to everone who turnrd this weekend for the clubstand so many great cars on it . we had great  wheather with people .I sent the passes out but you guys made the stand again a big thank you I will get a bigger stand next year  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:.

B reg cab

Back to the top
I ended up going last minute on the Saturday. Tried to find a few of you guys to chat but no one was around the cars!

Anyway, took a few pictures:

IMG_1423.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

IMG_1424.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

IMG_1429.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

IMG_1430.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

IMG_1431.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

I really liked that Red Sportline, as you can see :lol:

1992 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Blue Metallic - Long term project
1991 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Green Pearl - Sold

Back to the top
As said before , Cheers Eddiebear . As usual I did a ditch and run  :ninja: 
As I'm usually the cleaning minion for my mates show and shine car .
Nice to meet the people I did meet again this year and hopefully will be back next year with another mk1.

Back to the top

MrP said

I ended up going last minute on the Saturday. Tried to find a few of you guys to chat but no one was around the cars!

Anyway, took a few pictures:

IMG_1423.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

IMG_1424.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

IMG_1429.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

IMG_1430.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

IMG_1431.jpg by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

I really liked that Red Sportline, as you can see :lol:
hi there mrp sorry I missed you mate, that was my sportline … Cheers   

Back to the top
Is that the factory red colour on that cabrio? If it is the photography really makes it stand out!

If not where did it originate from? Cheers :wub:

Back to the top

ConvictGTI-No.1983EW said

Is that the factory red colour on that cabrio? If it is the photography really makes it stand out!

If not where did it originate from? Cheers :wub:
 hi there Ye it's the factory red…. Cheers

Back to the top
Had a great weekend after the bad weather friday it was good and dry.
Some lovely cars and mk1's. The weekend was topped off for me by being one off the eleven People's choice award winners.

221 views (668 Kb)

Think I must of had some help with votes off our mk1 members lol thanks to anyone who did

There are too many online users to list.