Back to the top

VW ACTION 2007 - AUGUST 31st - SEPTEMBER 2nd- New venue

not me!!!

wicked weekend,
sorry i wasnt more sociable.
i was too busy flossing my teeth….. :wink:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Just got back after 230 miles and 6 hours. What a great weekend, shame about the track downtime but apart from that no worries. I am personally happy because I did a 14.2 off the trailer, then went on to set a new Personal Best of 14.15 (beating last time's 14.40). Unfortunately run 3 was spoilt by a missed gear (3-4) and my 4th run was 14.5. Launched on the soft side all weekend, it was not possible to get runs one after another (long queues on the pairing lanes) so I couldn't really hone my technique.

Great to meet some new people - Dave + his GF, Martin's brand new wife and Ashley aka Mr 11pm Stinger.

One final word on the day……..

Horseshoe.

Back to the top
horseshoe??
some pics

i managed to pair with a 12sec beetle, who i obligingly gave the soft side

pauls second run

:lol:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Only managed a couple of pics in the end, bit tied up with other stuff thru the day.

Here's Saturday's club stand. 5 out of 6 cars here, raced.

My new 'continental' look, adopted for the weekend.

Back to the top

re

Hi everyone!

Thanks for a great weekend, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, especially the antics throughout our 2 nights!!

I think our stand looked fab, and would have looked even better if the stewards had actually let anyone up the area dedicated to us!!!!

Thank you to everyone for making the effort and the trip, hope everyone got home safely or at least got home? lol!

I think we did pretty well bearing in mind the only other watercooled 'group' I saw was the Havoc guys?????

See you all soon, will post pics later

P.S. Missed out on my proper pastie!!!

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
as i packed up on sunday i dfiscovered a bag of very sweaty pasties in the tent, sorry, totally forgot!!!

what was your time again ant :wink:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
I has a wicked time, unfortunatly did'nt bring the Gti coz I was doing the autojumble!! cant believe I didnt sell the good condition mk1 gti seats of P slots?? but did pretty well otherwise!!  :wink:

Will post pics up tonight

Good top meet Ant5? and missus!

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
good weekend guys got the cabby to do a 14.5 which i was happy with think it can go quicker but like paul said track down time was pants so i only did two runs

had a great time good to meet some faces

had a very entertaining drive home me and dean went a different way to marting so we could get a move on shame mr TT wasnt feeling our vbibe on the M3 :lol:  :lol:

ill upload some videos later

Back to the top
I too took a slightly different route, I left the motorway at Jn 15 with 40 miles to go and took the A-roads, due to congestion. Its surprising how quickly a line of cars builds up, when you do 47mph on a single carraigeway. And slow down to take roundabouts at around 20mph, swinging the car/trailer so they're unable to pass you. Funny thing is, there was nothing in front of me for miles……

Back to the top
i ended up in a massive modified car traffic jam, as im assumin ed38 emptied out. down the a45 to a43
some absolute puppies in amongst the corsas, and a few highly modded mk1s.

hit loads of fog and rain in devon and cornwall which was annoying specially cos my wiper blades need renewing, but we got here safe and sound with no brown trouser moments (not me anyway….) :lol:
car really got going after dark, probably colder air effect

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

1 golf ahead

yea we had a good weekend great to meet up see some of the guys

Back to the top
Had a good day yesterday, even though the stewards made myself and Dave park in the car park at first. After going to see the organisers in the information office we managed to the persuade them to let us into the show area, which meant an unexpected entry into the show and shine  :lol: , I didn't get anywhere in the competition, but Dave and Fizzy put some elbow grease into theirs and did well :) .  If they use Santa Pod next year a suggestion for the organisers could be to make the arena big enough for all the clubs displays to go around the outside edge and not so much having to go walking through the camping areas to look for the cars (after reading Edition 38 topic, it seems it was the same problem there too).
Here's some photos from Sunday

Back to the top
trax at siverstone didnt help
found some more pics

this managed 11.045s!

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top
Great to meet you,and good pics.

Hope you had a good journey home,my cab nearly got written off by a peugeot :evil:

Sarah :wink:

Back to the top

fizzy said

Hope you had a good journey home,my cab nearly got written off by a peugeot :evil:

Congrats on your trophy!! :mrgreen:

Banner

Back to the top

re

hey cabriaulait, didnt break into the 15`s a bit miffed. next step is rolling road to see where its going wrong. my bets is gear box !!!!

but had a great weekend.

great show and its good as those that want to 1/4 mile can, and those that want to show and shine can address their ocd.

car booting this weekend to look for horseshoes !! :lol:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
ant
what biox are you using?

Back to the top
i would say some kind of boost leak or fueling problem ant  :wink:

Back to the top
and more

Back to the top

ew said

fizzy said

Congrats on your trophy!! :mrgreen:

Thank you :wink:

Hope you had a safe journey home
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.