Skip navigation

GTi Fesival _ Sunday 8th of July

Back to the top

GTi Fesival _ Sunday 8th of July

i need a quaife diff lol :lol:

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.

Back to the top

late withdrawal

anyone going tonight or tomorrow that can pick up a seat from croydon surrey for paul c, as i cannot make it and had said i wouild drop off a spare seat i had laying about for paul
anyone ????

83  1.5 gl all black                          sold
86  1.8 gti cab all black light mods.   restoring
87  1.8gti cab standard helios blue.   daily driver
91  1.8 auto cab gold clipper.           breaking

Back to the top
car's knackered. cv joint is o.k. fraid that leaves me out. can some one say hello to all there for me tomorrow. gutted. have a good day all and good luck on the virgin strippers (those were the days).

Back to the top
Sorry to hear you wont make it Wooders, what's wrong with the car then?

I'll see whoever is meeting at Hilton Park services at 6.15am in the morning, to save time discussing it in the morning, what speed you all happy with? I'm happy to do anywhere between 60-85mph  :mrgreen: .

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Sorry to hear you wont make it Wooders, what's wrong with the car then?

I'll see whoever is meeting at Hilton Park services at 6.15am in the morning, to save time discussing it in the morning, what speed you all happy with? I'm happy to do anywhere between 60-85mph  :mrgreen: .

i will b there in the morning at quater past 6 :D

can we travel at 40mph………only jokin.i will do what eva ther convoy is doing!!! see u in the morning people :D

mk1 golf gti in porsche ocen blue and polished porsche 7slots

Back to the top
okay I'm back home safe and sound after a food stop and only one minor drama on the way home
due to the heavy rain as I hit Stoke area (how depressing :cry:) and the amount of spray kicked up by the other vehicles I got water on the alternator and the battery light came on. Quick dash to the service area and some paper towels later fixed

To all of you who were there a big thank you  :clap: for the company and the chat, hope to see your pics on here soon cos I didn't take any:banghead:

oh and finally my ears are still ringing from the jet car so :shhh: please.

PS A big thank you to Foxy for all his help Saturday getting my gears sorted out making it a much more economical journey with a 5th gear  :roll:  :cheer:

Touch my car …………………. feel my wheels

operor retineo patria parvulus depressus vos

Back to the top
i'm grumpy. i love santapod filled with dubs. specialy mk1's

Back to the top
I've just got back myself, what a fun weekend!

On Saturday, I met up with bens_cab, Mrs bens_cab (J), Dean and Martin (another of their friends). We joined in with the retro car show, getting some much needed practice on the Santa Pod strip. Its fair to say we flew the flag for Mk1s successfully, whipping the butts of Ford RS2000s, MGs, Triumphs, Rovers and other stuff pretty much 9 times out of 10! Evening ents mainly centred around trying to kill each other on the dodgems. We all had a pretty good go at bumping and grinding, very hilarious.

Many thanks for the burger ben!

The festival itself was just as good, once again the main focus was naturally on the strip, luckily this time there was no significant downtime, so there was loads to see. As GAMMYGOLFGTI said, most of the cars running were all show and not much go, 15-16 secs being the average time for lots of Mk2, Mk3, Mk4s etc. I was well chuffed to get my little car down to 14.4 secs ET, the time put in at the end of Saturday and backed up a number of times on Sunday. Managed to get loads of runs in (8 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday morning), well worth the cash!

For info, Dean ran consistent 14.1s, frustratingly topping out at 99mph and not breaking into 3 figures, while bens_cab did decent 14.7s after a little car acclimatisation was in the bag. Fortunately for the spectators, but not the cars, it just got hotter and hotter through the day so this affected ETs (downwards) through the day. Crazy_Ivan what did you run?

Many thanks to all those who bought merchandise - we sold loads, and (so long as the IOU comes in) we sold ?85 of stuff!!! Nearly sold out!!!!!

Finally, I must mention it was once again really great to catch up with a number of the fellow members face-to-face, I'm beginning to recognise more and more now!!!

Back to the top
PS If anyone has more pics of my car (TJF611X, comp reg H14 today) please let me know or post them up, its great to see it in its element on the track!

Back to the top
wodders you plonker you would have been made up today especially as (if memory serves correctly) a Mk1 got the fastest time even beating the porschey red birthday pressie reddy coloured over engineered thingy

Back to the top

Cabby_Craig said

wodders you plonker you would have been made up today especially as (if memory serves correctly) a Mk1 got the fastest time even beating the porschey red birthday pressie reddy coloured over engineered thingy
i never doubted ben scab would bring up the rear. good to hear all enjoyed the day. gutted i missed it. still, don't matter where you go, there you are.

Back to the top
A picturey of my cabby taken by the professionally typo person
Sorry it's so big but I am to tired to resize it lmao

Please look at my new reg plate and surround  :D

Back to the top
cheers paul good to meet you finally would like to appologise for dub76s snoring last night  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

track was awesome caught dean napping only once but i was a track virgin

wooders you would have beaten me on the first run 18 seconds :oops:  :oops:  had major clutch slip all the way down

on my second run against dub76 it was a close one managed a 14.6 so well chuffed pauls advice came in handy every car i raced i was off the line and away in front then the good old roof ballooned into an air brake in 3rd gear

got a list of bits i need now really want to hit the 13.9 barrier :wink:  :wink:

Back to the top
My photos of your cabby Craig came out blue, link……….

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=26496

Back to the top

bens_cab said

cheers paul good to meet you finally would like to appologise for dub76s snoring last night  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

track was awesome caught dean napping only once but i was a track virgin

wooders you would have beaten me on the first run 18 seconds :oops:  :oops:  had major clutch slip all the way down

on my second run against dub76 it was a close one managed a 14.6 so well chuffed pauls advice came in handy every car i raced i was off the line and away in front then the good old roof ballooned into an air brake in 3rd gear

got a list of bits i need now really want to hit the 13.9 barrier :wink:  :wink:

You did good, it was well worth coming down on Saturday and it does take 3-4 runs at least, your times tumble down then you run consistently good, so it gives a good representation of car's potential.

Oh yeah, the snoring…..I slept through the disco and fairground music, but was woken by the snoring! Also, are we allowed to mention that Martin had a pizza delivery in the night, at some point?

Wooders, I still haven't met you, therefore I am unsure you exist, please post a pic of your car with a loaf of bread on it.

Back to the top
wooders shame you couldnt come

as for the cars on saturday i ended up racing a 2.0 turbo meastro with nos had him off the line and most the way down then he cheated and hit the nos not much in it tho

paul just downloading a couple of vids of you got your quick run i believe :wink:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

as for the cars on saturday i ended up racing a 2.0 turbo meastro with nos had him off the line and most the way down then he cheated and hit the nos not much in it tho

Don't worry about it, on my first run I was beaten by a Reliant Kitten!

bens_cab said

paul just downloading a couple of vids of you got your quick run i believe :wink:

Yay!

Back to the top
the kitten had a n/a cossie lump in it :lol:  

i loved the mgb gt with the v8 lump all noise no go  :lol:

as for the pizza he doesnt remember making it dean heard him making it with loud groans guess the bar was closed at that point

need a bigger tent wont but 20 times evertime i sat up i got wet  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
dub76 playing with a nissan sylvia turbo

sorry the vids came out pooh but you get the general idea

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.