Skip navigation

vauxhall 280mm setup

Back to the top

vauxhall 280mm setup

thinking of doing this as my calipers have siezed.

I had the g60 adaptor with mk1 caliper setup but always had to take some pad off for new pads to work.  Also the place i got to fit them years ago drilled out my hub carrier mount holes so makes sense as i wont be able to mount anything vw anymore unless i replace my hubs…

can i use vectra c calipers?

its never clear what cars i can get these off ideally the newer the car the better.

anybody know?

Back to the top
Not sure if ive misread this, but if you cannot fit vw parts because the caliper mounting holes have been drilled out, then the how will you fit the vauxhall calipers, because the good thing about this conversion is they fit on the original caliper mounts, no need for conversion brackets, and sorry but i forget which model i got mine from.

Back to the top
they have been drilled out to the correct size for vauxhall calipers, vw size is too small hence the need for shoulder bolts.

i just need to know which are the correct calipers to buy to bolt it all up

thanks

Back to the top
got me some calibra turbo calipers with new pads all painted up ready to bolt on for 99p on ebay!

gotta love ebay

Back to the top
The vw holes are 10mm and the vauxhall holes are 12mm so when using vauxhall callipers you use the vw 10mm bolts with a 12mm spacer tube so if they are drilled out then they bolt straight on using the vauxhall 12mm bolts of that makes sense lol

The good thing with vauxhall callipers is the carriers will fit different size callipers I believe

85 Karmann GTI Cabby Black Edition

81 GTI Tin Top (1.8t "The Tarmac Muncher" )
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.