Skip navigation

Rear brakes

Back to the top
My 1983 mk1 has had an rear disc conversion, and I need a new hand brake cable! Is there anyone that could possibly help id the rear brake, I’ve tried Googling the numbers I got from the callipers. But no luck so far. Also the cable that was in there was too long and the hand brake hardly worked! Has anyone got any experience with a same or similar problem?
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
IIRC you have to use the cables off a Sirocco with rear brakes. but be dang sure that your e-brake levers are well lubed as they can bind up.

85 Sirocco lists it as pn 533609721 for a lucas caliper and not a Girling, which is what I am reading as partially hidden by the sticker.

But a 85 golf lists it as 191609721A 1800mm with no girling/lucas designation.

You might want to pull those sticker off and see what the oem VW numbers on the caliper are to track down the proper cables.

Last edit: by Briano1234

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Using the RCA number on www.brakeworld.co.uk it seems to cross reference to 191 615 424B or 535 615 424. The second one is held by VW Heritage. First number may be a Corrado. See if Heritage list hand brake cables with lengths on them. You should then be able to compare with yours
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.